In S Missouri

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
dow229

In S Missouri

Post by dow229 »

Hi. I am Dave. I have an 87 BII I picked up last week. Body is in tremendous shape with one little rust hole. It needs the clutch put in and a battery. My plan is to slowly do a build on it. I love the expedition rig look and want head in that direction. I know I want to swap out front and rears. What suggestions might we have to keep an eye for? I am thinking a d44 front and 9" rear. Thoughts?
tekatlarge

Re: In S Missouri

Post by tekatlarge »

Sorry, I have no ability to think this morning and the noise of the keys on the keyboard is killing me!!!

Maybe one of our regulars can step in and give ya some options.

Ugh I am going back to bed, I feel terrible.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
101btp

Post by 101btp »

will you be keeping the v6 in the bronco II or going to a bigger engine??
dow229

Post by dow229 »

Initially, I will keep the v6. Eventually think a 5.0 would look good squeezed in there. Right now looking for ideas. The v6 is fairly strong.
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

Hi and Welcome!

Personally I dont see why ne1 would bother putting a 5 liter in a B2, I have one in my f150 and its an 'OK' engine, I just dont think it would be worth while... if I had to pick a diff engine for a B2 I would probably go with a 4L v6, I had one of those in a '94 Ranger and I liked it, would be alot easier swap than a 5L I would think.

..but then Im old and lazy, and have far too many other projects.

Good luck keep us posted;)
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
dow229

Post by dow229 »

I have been thinking and reading about doing an explorer swap. Anyone know about that? It would be a v6 upgrade. I could google it but what axles do them have?
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

dow229 wrote:I have been thinking and reading about doing an explorer swap. Anyone know about that? It would be a v6 upgrade. I could google it but what axles do them have?
Probably best to google it.
Am I too assume you are in southern missouri? I ask because I am also and I don't see too many other B2s. I recently moved to the bootheel from St louis. I have been waiting for an excuse to check out some JYs so let me know if need any help.
Lance Skene

Post by Lance Skene »

I think the Explorer has d35's, and a 4L v6, and alot of people have done that swap so info/help is easy to find, Explorer is the same as a Ranger so either will work as a donor vehicle.
'80 Bronco 351M
'85 BII 2.8/Duraspark
'89 F150 302 Supercab
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I think the best way to go would be find a 91-94 Exploder swap the entire power-train. The Exp axles are Dana 35 the only disadvantage is the Explorer wheel track (Center of one tire tread face to the center of the other tread face. is wider by I think 2 inches so you may have to trim a little fender opening. The whole swap is basically a bolt in deal.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast