dash board

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
treel98

dash board

Post by treel98 »

Ok first off i want to say sorry for posting topic after topic. Now i want to say that i am a "audiophile" I take pride in my sound system for my birthday i am getting a new set of 5x7 for the back seats. Then when my cousin fixes his blazer i get a set of 6.5inch door speakers. i need to get some dash speakers but i cant find where they are and what size are they.
tekatlarge

Re: dash board

Post by tekatlarge »

The dash speaker (1) is I think a 6x5. It is a crummy speaker. I wouldn't waste my time trying to put 2 speakers in the dash. I would get some good 6x9 and mount them in the kick panels. You could install them in the door but hacking up a door can lead to nightmares later. If you put
speakers in a door be sure to use a waterproof membrane behind the speakers..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
treel98

Post by treel98 »

thanks for the info and you are talking about the kick pannles right inside the doors right i dont think that they would fit there because of the mounting depth could you post pictures of where you are talking about i like the idea and the only reason i dont think i have a dash speaker is because when i fade all the sound to the front and away from the back i dont hear anything at all
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

The kick panels are down by your feel the left and right panels go from the firewall to the front edge of the door. Not the doors at all. The kick panels can be modified and you can actually mold in some Kool looking boxes into them with fiberglass. I don't have any kick panel photos at this time.

Good Luck :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
treel98

Post by treel98 »

thats what i figured you were talking about and i have seen some on crutchfeild which is an audio website that have a spot for a 6 1/2 inch door speakers and a 2 inch tweeter i think thats what i am going to do
treel98

Post by treel98 »

do you think that you could make some fiberglass kickpannels for my bronco ii i aint good with fiber glass and if so what would it cost
Slammin Sam

Post by Slammin Sam »

IIRC, the computer is behind the right kick panel. You might be able to surface mount a speaker there, but no flush mount. But I wouldn't want the speaker magnetic driver that close to the brain box.