Need HELP!!!! 1988 bronco ii auto 4x4

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
AledoGYoung

Need HELP!!!! 1988 bronco ii auto 4x4

Post by AledoGYoung »

I finally got to buy a bronco ii that I have always wanted. I replaced a few small things since it is in pretty good shape. The other day I had it out driving around the ranch in four wheel high and low. (i have the auto shift on the fly 4x4) Fur wheel drive has worked great ever since I purchased the bronco but this day I put it into 4 high and the indicator light did not come on on the over head console but it did go into 4 high. I figured it was just a burnt out bulb since the 4 low indicator light worked. The next day I tried 4 high out to see if the light came on but still no light and didn't go into 4 wheel. Turned out it was the shift motor why it was not going in. That was any easy fix so went ahead and replaced the bulbs for the indicator lights but still no 4 high indicator light but goes into 4 high and low and low indicator works. I know its not that big of a deal since everything is working except that one indicator light but it is driving me crazy. If anybody can help me out that would be great!
AledoGYoung

Re: Need HELP!!!! 1988 bronco ii auto 4x4

Post by AledoGYoung »

Anybody have any ideas?
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

Did you transfer the pins from the speed sensor on the old motor plug? the t-case position sensors should be inside the new motor. its either not detecting that its in 4h or there is a broken connection somewhere between the motor and the light. I would start shaking wires while somebody watches for the light to come on.
AledoGYoung

Post by AledoGYoung »

It is the same shift motor. I took it off and cleaned it up and replaced the rubber bushing in it. I will check the wires between the light and t-case. Would you happen to know which wire might be the one that sends the signal back that tells it is in 4 high? Thanks for the response!
AledoGYoung

Post by AledoGYoung »

Or could it have to do something with the control module?
dgl6y6

Post by dgl6y6 »

I cant help you there. ive never had one with and auto T-case. the speed sensors should be easy to identify. the power for the motor should be a heavier wire than the rest. you can identify the 4l by probing the wires to see which one is on when its in 4l. whatever is left must be the 4h sensor. sorry thats the best i can do.
AledoGYoung

Post by AledoGYoung »

Thank you for the help, hopefully I can figure it out. If you find out any info or know anybody that does send them my way!