bronco is not wanting to stay running...

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
brigham03

bronco is not wanting to stay running...

Post by brigham03 »

I have a 89' bronco 2 with a 2.9 and im trying to bring it back life after is been in storage due to deployment. my problem is, wont fire up without feathering the throttle and will not idle . im looking for possible idea on where to look to get it back on the road.
already looked into:
- fuel pump/filter
-plugs/ wires / cap, rotor
dgl6y6

Re: bronco is not wanting to stay running...

Post by dgl6y6 »

sounds like a problem with the idle air control.it is the thing bolted to the passenger side of the intake manifold. try taking it off and looking inside while someone cycles the key on and off to see if it moves. if not try blasting it out with carburetor cleanerand move the valve a little with your finger to try to break it loose in case it's stuck.
jefe

Re: bronco is not wanting to stay running...

Post by jefe »

I had a similar issue and it ended up being the Air Charge Temp Sensor, about $20, on the passenger side of the upper intake manifold. Sensor was telling the engine it was below zero outside and the engine was guzzling gas to compensate, which also caused it to stutter and stall out when I first started it up and putting it into gear.

Simple quick cheap fix, might be worth a shot.