Engine Swaps

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
RAZOR

Engine Swaps

Post by RAZOR »

I'm kind of new at this site so sorry if I at like a noob till I get the swing of this place. Anyway... I just finished paying off my 1988 Bronco II, I love the 5 speed, I love the 4x4 that doesn't get stuck ANYWHERE, but what I don't love is the measly 145 horse power, so I plan to swap the 2.9 V6 EFI for a Small Block Chevy with a Holly carb, I've heard from lots of people that claim they can fit any size engine to the stock 5 speed... anybody know if there's any truth to these stories, I'm just not willing to shell out the cash for me to start building (yet another) Small Block and not have the ability to tuck it under my Bronco's bonnet :confused:
Mud Addict

Re: Engine Swaps

Post by Mud Addict »

Have never personally heard of an adapter to put a chev in front of v-6 Ford trans. If you want an V-8, go with an Ford 302 :beer:
drofman

Post by drofman »

I heard that if you put a Chevy into a B2 that you'll get painful warts in unmentionable places.
kirkland2887

Post by kirkland2887 »

you shouldn't discrace your truck like by dropping a chevy in
RAZOR

Post by RAZOR »

Dont be dissin' Chevy, thats how people start all this Ford v.s. Chevy B.S. I really dont see why the two cant co-exist :confused:
RAZOR

Post by RAZOR »

I consitered a 302 but I'm a Chevy boy at heart, not that I really have anything against Ford, I just favor Chevy, I will admit the Jimmy has NOTHING on the Bronco II though. kinda why I'm here as opposed to GMC Jimmy.com or something like that. :D
Mud Addict

Post by Mud Addict »

If set on doing a 350, my suggestion would be to use a trans from an S-series from a 4.3 and t-case, IIFRC did they have driver side diffs? Been long time since I owned one, but am pretty sure they had drive side diffs. That would be the easiest way to install a 350 that I can think of :redneck:
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

RAZOR wrote:Dont be dissin' Chevy, thats how people start all this Ford v.s. Chevy B.S. I really dont see why the two cant co-exist :confused:
Hate to to tell ya but you are on a Ford site, It's kinda like poking a hornets nest and wondering why you got stung
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

But its your truck its all good
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
Mud Addict

Post by Mud Addict »

You will also most likely need a 3in body lift and chop the firewall to clear the distributor. That is another advantage of staying with the Ford V-8, dist is up front :cool:
RAZOR

Post by RAZOR »

Mud Addict wrote:If set on doing a 350, my suggestion would be to use a trans from an S-series from a 4.3 and t-case, IIFRC did they have driver side diffs? Been long time since I owned one, but am pretty sure they had drive side diffs. That would be the easiest way to install a 350 that I can think of :redneck:
Thanks, I have a aluminum 350 block in my garage, I just wanted some insite 1st in case I were to **** up, I think I know a sucker with a 4.3 trans to get rid of
RAZOR

Post by RAZOR »

Mudhog1977 wrote:
RAZOR wrote:Dont be dissin' Chevy, thats how people start all this Ford v.s. Chevy B.S. I really dont see why the two cant co-exist :confused:
Hate to to tell ya but you are on a Ford site, It's kinda like poking a hornets nest and wondering why you got stung
Dont have anything against Ford bro, just want the best of both worlds :smilie:
Last edited by RAZOR on Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

:finger: NO COMMENT on previous thread! :puke:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
drofman

Post by drofman »

tek you said alot without saying nothing. I know I'm gonna piss off some people but I'm one who get's mad at a bucket with the dist. in the wrong place. If it came with a Ford, it should have a Ford in it. In the old days Chevy had the parts thing going for it but now the 302 has parts all over the place. That's just my opinion. It's free so take it what it's worth.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Hey Drof,

Its all about belly buttons you know ya got an innie or an outie. Now it just doesn't make sense pulling one out and putting the other type in. Besides all of this playing with your belly button can make you go blind too. :wtf:

Now down to the facts of life. God Created Chevy and Ford to be equals, yet still be individual. God also said build equal yet NEVER Cross Parts. If ye cross parts or bastardize either in a way as to insult one make or another you will be stricken from thy favorite parts store and you will have lifelong Montezuma's revenge. :cool:

Does that kind of Cap it for ya Drof.
:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: Drink up my friend, I'm going for a smoothie.........
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast