kinda lost on my project.....need some help

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Milton deal

kinda lost on my project.....need some help

Post by Milton deal »

hey guys i bought an 86 b2 a while back in pretty bad condition it had been sitting in some dudes yard for a good 6 or 7 years so there was alot of things wrong with it....but its a project u no my concern now is whats up with my transmission i had it driving around for a good amount of time just around the dirt roads by my house(its got an 04 registration and inspection sticker so gotta stay away from legit roads) but one daythe tranny started leaking out of the bellhousing i think and it wouldnt drive i would change from park to drive to reverse and not a dam thing evry time i pushed the gas it would just rev up like it was in nuetral....i spent a good amounta time reading up on this and its not looking good...the dude i bought it from rebiult the tranny and put likr 30 k on it b4 it was parked up..after i bought it he warned me about a seal or something like that that he may have fucked up while putting the tranny back in...from what ive read i think its the front pump seall but idk?
dtrevillian83

Re: kinda lost on my project.....need some help

Post by dtrevillian83 »

I'm paying $1000 to AAMCO tomorrow for a tranny rebuild on my 88 B2 auto that had the same symptoms you're describing. Apparently the parking pawl was sheared because some idiot (before me) put it in park while it was still moving. But it also had metal dust ALL inside it because it wasn't rebuilt correctly by a fly-by-night joint. My problem was the pump gears not aligned properly in the housing. This lead to having to replace the torque converter, O/D planetary gear, and pump. My advice is spend the money to have the tranny done right by a national company and be sure to install it correctly, or just have them do it. You save a few bucks by removing and installing it yourself though. Good luck, hope this helps.
martyanderson10

Re: kinda lost on my project.....need some help

Post by martyanderson10 »

probably just the front seal dried up from sitting. I just replaced mine for the same problem, it cost under $10 BUT the trans has to be removed to do it so it is a little work. The way to tell is fill it back up with tranny fluid and see if it functions properly before it leaks out again.