The problem!

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
1985BlueBronco2

The problem!

Post by 1985BlueBronco2 »

I have a 1985 ford bronco 2 and I did a manual to automatic conversion into a 302 small block. The problem I am having is that for some reason the battery is dying on me, yes the first thing you might suggest is that the alternator is going bad well we can skip over that part because I have put in a new alternator. I have a feeling that it might be a wiring problem, but I am not too sure as to where to start looking. The conversion made involved taking out the A/C and I didn't have enough money to properly get the bronco rewired so my question is where do I start looking? When I press the gas pedal the headlights and the dash lights getting brighter and when I release it they get dimmer. Can anyone tell me where to start looking? :confused:
Tearing up that ground!
tedjames11

Re: The problem!

Post by tedjames11 »

sounds like you have a loose ground somewhere. just track them all down
1985BlueBronco2

Post by 1985BlueBronco2 »

I have to rewire the whole bronco eventually because there are wires just sitting in there exposed. Thank you for the advice.
Tearing up that ground!
drofman

Post by drofman »

you can do a voltage draw test while pulling fuses to see what curcuit it's on. take a test light and pull the + cable off and hook up the test light in series between battery and cable. don't forget the fuse links while testing.
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Voltage regulator maybe?
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Mudhog1977 wrote:Voltage regulator maybe?
I'd also recommend checking the voltage regulator
drofman

Post by drofman »

Isn't it an internal voltage reg in the alternator if he kept the stock one? He already replaced the alt.