New BII Owner

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Codexfab

New BII Owner

Post by Codexfab »

Hey all, I just picked up an early BII last week and have been researching them nonstop since and came across this board a few days back and thought it was time I joined. Recently moved to the good ol' state of Oregon and immediately had to hit the trails but I have a 97 K3500 Crew Cab long bed Dually so that dream was short lived about a mile into the fire trail with trees closing in around me so a friend up here let me know he had a BII for sale so without question I bought it (only $100). It runs great, its an auto, has manual T-case and no body damage...yet lol. From what I've read they are pretty capable stock and when built they can be excellent offroad vehicles. BTW I found a pick of a BII that instantly hooked me on these. I'll try to post it, I really like the bumper but from what I've been able to find it may be an early model JD winch bumper. Oh and a pic of my new Bronco.
Attachments
BroncoII-1.jpg
IMAG0430.jpg
Mudhog1977

Re: New BII Owner

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Nice and welcome
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
Codexfab

Post by Codexfab »

Thanks, this forum has a lot of useful information. I'm still searching for info on the bumper on that bronco in the first pic, I need it. Is the TTB Dana 35 reliable with 33"s? A James Duff lift and 33"s are my first mods after the Dana 35 but if it can't take it then I'll go with a 44 from an old f350 sitting at the top of the hill. It might be a 60 tho, ill have to check it out but I have a ranger parts truck I picked up from the same guy I got the Bronco from (and he has the f350 I'm going to plunder). Anyway I would ideally like to go the 35 route due to cost and simplicity if the 33"s won't destroy it.
CarsonChris

Post by CarsonChris »

Sweet score for a 100$
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

33"s with the dana 35 is fine. A D44 solid axle would be the best choice though.
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Wow rock on I thought I made out like a bandit on mine I'm kinda jealous lol but kick butt!
Codexfab

Post by Codexfab »

Heh thanks, I actually found a 44 on a F100 at the local wrecker in town. Asking $450 for it, has Warn hubs already on it, is that a good deal? The F350 up the hill from me has an 8 bolt Dana60 up front but it will look damn nice under my K3500 CrewCab Dually haha! On 6 37"s, some day. First things first tho, Bronco, lift, KM2's.
Codexfab

Post by Codexfab »

Oh I forgot to ask, at the wrecker they have a 90 ranger. Is that the correct year for the D35 and 8.8 rear end? They're asking $400 for both, good price? The ranger I picked up is an 85 so I'm just gonna give it to my brother as a first car/toy to mess around with.
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Dana 35 should hold up great with 33's I'm running a dana 28 with 33's and haven't had any problems
Codexfab

Post by Codexfab »

That's good to know, I would like to put abit more money into a quality lift kit and tires. I was cleaning the bronco today and realized it didn't have auto locking hubs on it, from what ive been reading on the forums I just assumed they came standard with auto's lol.
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

They came out the factory with the dana 28 mine came with manual hubs too