Ford tough

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
Mudhog1977

Ford tough

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Ive been workin everyday from daylight to dark poor ole lil b2 feels neglected lol but anyway ive been drivin the dodge and my wife's been drivin the f150 she comes home from work today and she tells me the truck has been runnin funny clttering and the oil pressure has been dropping I asked her how long has it been doin it and she said bout a week so I check the oil and there wasnt any on the dipstick its a 4.2L so it holds 6qts but It wound up bein 5 qts low and I fired it up and not so much as a lifter rattle shocked the h*** outta me lol
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
dgl6y6

Re: Ford tough

Post by dgl6y6 »

i wholly belive in ford toughness but you sir got very lucky. Dont try that with the dodge lol.
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

That sir is a testimony for ford! Soooo is the dodge giving ya some transmission problems? Come on up and see us!
kirkland2887

Post by kirkland2887 »

I would throw some slick50 in just to be safe.
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Not the dodge the bronco tranny is actin up no od ..... No slick 50 for me I'm a firm believer in lucus products I use it in everything tranny, oil, gas, axles, power steering and all ...might be trading the f150 in on an 02 yellow mustang for the wife gotta v6 so wayyyyy better gas mileage just in case gas gets over $5 a gallon like they say it will hopefully I'll trade the goat in next year on a f250 7.3 stroke can pull ole fast eddy at a 100 if I wanted to then lol
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Fnlucky ... The tranny Been actin up since barnwell seems like the a4ld doesn't hold up well to 4 diamond trails lol need a c5
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Man wish I woulda knew this summer scrapped a c5 ill keep my eyes open you said its od. That's acting up or heck I have a spare standard for a b2 heh hehe ideas a poppin... so what all is it doing and the shops gona be moving the recent earthquakes left cracks in the concreate to close to the lifts so new shop here we come
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Od doesn't engage at all I wish I knew u had that c5 I blew the front pump seal outta the a4ld and od hasn't worked since
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

E4od? And what have you done so far?
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Nope its an a4ld only thing electronic on it is the lockup torque convertor I ran it up to 60 mph and it never shifted out the vacuum modulator is good on it I changed out the seal and put new filter and fluid and adjusted my linkage but all the other gears work fine but I'm gonna try to find a c5 for whenever I do my v8 conversion... Btw I don't know my head from a hole in the ground when it comes to trannys
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

You may have better luck getting a c6 to bolt to a v8 .... I have a c4 in shop however it bolts to a v6. C5s are harder to find now ill keep my eyes pealed
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

So many options lol I thought about a c6 but didn't know if the tcase would fit between the framerails