My bronco isn't starting

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
joeyy

My bronco isn't starting

Post by joeyy »

I just had the starter off and had to put a new BWD gear in it, and I put the starter back on. Yesturday when I went out to start it, all it did was the selenoid clicked. As soon as I put the starter back on, I took it for a test drive and it started up fine. I'm pretty sure the battery is just dead, but I tried jumping it for about half an hour just now and still nothing. Just the click. Its not in gear and the starter is still wired up right. I even got under it and tapped the starter with a hammer a couple times while my brotehr tried starting it (we had to do that before with our F-150). I checked all my fuses under the dash board and they all check out fine. I know my alternator belt is loose and I'm tightening it right now. But even after half an hour of my brotehr truck "charging" the battery, it still is doing the same thing. My brotehr may suspect it being the starter relay which I'm about to tear apart. Any ideas?
slygh93

Re: My bronco isn't starting

Post by slygh93 »

i had a dead battery in mine and the soleniod would make a grinding noise. as soon as i got a working battery it was fine.