1987 diesel Bronco II

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
Nobody

Re: 1987 diesel Bronco II

Post by Nobody »

Thanks for the update. Nice to see progress. So many of these projects never get off the drawing board. You're almost there!
bartmantom

Post by bartmantom »

well, I just didn't like the way the motor was sitting so.. I'm swapping in a solid front axle, I picked up a Dana 30 out of an EB, I know, it's not as good as the dana 44 but it was way cheaper. only paid 100 for it,besides I'll just take it easy on it until I can afford a dana 44. picked up some radius arms, now just looking for some radius arm brackets. once I get the axle under it I'll be able to modify the engine cross member so that the engine will fit better. any way I've got a few questions but I'll ask those in the tech forum.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

more pics
Mustang Gregg

Post by Mustang Gregg »

It looks like a cool conversion. Good luck geting all the details done!
I am getting ready to do one too. Except I'm going for economy with a 2.2 Mazda and using a Ranger 2WD front suspension.

Mustang Gregg
'85 BII XL
'71 Mach1
bartmantom

Post by bartmantom »

well, I hated to do it, but after a lot of work, I ended up going a different direction with my project. the motor I had would not fit right due to the major modifications of the frame, I wanted this to be a daily driver and I didn't feel comfortable modding the frame. so I sent the Bronco II out to pasture and bought a 78 Bronco. the motor went in there easy, been running strong for about a year now. getting ready to put a ZF5 speed in. there is a video on youtube of the motor running if anyone is interested.

RAZOR

Post by RAZOR »

what are the specs on that engine, is that a 3 cylinder?