Death Valley and Cerro Gordo

Been wheelin? Got pics? Share your Bronco II adventure with the rest of us.
drofman

Death Valley and Cerro Gordo

Post by drofman »

I belong to a Historical Club called E. Campus Vitus the Squibob Chapter (http://www.squibob.org/) here in San Diego and we put up monuments at Historical sites throughout California. I get to see a lot of places most people don’t know about. This last weekend we went to another Chapter (http://www.billyholcomb.com/) and they put on 2 4x4 trips a year. We camped outside of Lone Pine CA. it’s just South of Bishop CA. The 1st day we did 120 miles offroad and got up to 9800 ft. The B2 got a little hot and I think it’s telling me that the 321k on it that it wants me to work on it. Heads have never been off. The 2nd day we started at Death Valley and went to the Ghost Town of Cerro Gordo. The bronco got hot again and I took off the hood and had my buddy put it in his truck and it ran a little cooler. Drove 0.4 mile into a mine which was cool. Stopped at a lot of old mines whille there. There is a old wood tram that ran off a steam engine that would take salt out of Death Valley up the mountain then would tranfer to mule train to Owens lake when it had water in to a paddle wheel boat that would take it to a railroad so they could take it to L.A.
Attachments
P8190014.JPG
It's funny, Dad used to take me to the Dez. Now I take him. Mt. Whitney in the background
It's funny, Dad used to take me to the Dez. Now I take him. Mt. Whitney in the background
Breakfast of champions
Breakfast of champions
We started way at the bottom
We started way at the bottom
P8200029.JPG
P8200028.JPG
P8200032.JPG
P8200039.JPG
P8200041.JPG
P8200044.JPG
Ranger Dave

Re: Death Valley and Cerro Gordo