computer help or for sale? 89 bronco ll

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
beachbumtroy

computer help or for sale? 89 bronco ll

Post by beachbumtroy »

ok guys i think my computers bad,replaced fuel pump,regulator,filter and all injectors are getting pulse but it wont start or run unless u spray starting fluid,and as soon as u stop spraying it dies,injectors were just cleaned a few months back when new tank,pump and filter were put on? so my question is does anybody have a known good computer for me to see if thats the problem that i can rent or buy to check it out? if not anybody know any place where i can get mine tested in or around the st.pete.florida area? or maybe some input on how to check the computer without buying one first? any help or leads are appreciated thnx bb oh and one more thing does anybody know what years and makes are compatible with mine? like will a 89 ranger computer work in place of mine and so on? thnx again and mine is a 1989 broncoll xlt 2.9 motor auto trans...
Gerry

Re: computer help or for sale? 89 bronco ll

Post by Gerry »

If anyone is still reading these older posts for advice be aware of the fact that the computers have an alphanumeric code on them. That code has to match EXACTLY the replacement code. The computers, for the most part, are not interchangeable. The computer for a BroncoII has to match number for number the one for your specific model. For instance, a 1989 BroncoII 2WD has its own specific computer. Even a 4WD standard model has a different computer than a 4WD Eddie Bauer. Rangers have their own specific computers. This is because every component that makes your model unique/different is controlled by the computer.
beachbumtroy

Re: computer help or for sale? 89 bronco ll

Post by beachbumtroy »

im still reading em but i got it fixed along time ago appreciate the info though as i did not know about the number match thnx