1990 b2... its cute! no?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
fnlucky

Re: 1990 b2... its cute! no?

Post by fnlucky »

I hear ya tek what's the temps been running up there and we ordered a swamp cooler for the shop hope it works and ya the guy that kicked your tail light out I woulda been on them the kid that did that to the b2 is now left wondering to get a rather large dent out of his truck
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Well we have had 2 days of summer. Yesterday I think we were close to eighty and right now my thermometer reads 82.8 deg in the shade. Aw but in Worshington the constant is change. Tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy and maybe a few rain showers in the afternoon and temps look like low 70's for most of the week along with a few showers. The normal temp is mid 70's. We have had a hard time breaking out of the 60's this year for sure.However as soon as this posts the forecast may change again.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

My dear tek friend the high today? 115 ya nature hates us were running the shop at night then on top of that my full time job has been limited I can't do it if everything we touch burns us field techs and next to impossable to work on a tower when its dark...
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Here is todays
Attachments
282495_10150745860990347_622365346_20413322_4593618_n.jpg
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Here is my version
Attachments
images-1.jpeg
images-1.jpeg (11.39 KiB) Viewed 2535 times
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

I do feel your pain.. HONEST! Summer finally arrived for a couple of days here and this is our next 5 days.

I am almost ashamed to post this but what the heck.

Seattle Worshington's Next 5 days Forecast.

Oh yeah The NHRA Northwest Nationals is this weekend and I live less than 1000 feet from the starting line at Pacific Raceway In Kent Worshington. My backyard is alive with the sounds of crews and teams arriving today and they set up the top fuel guys closest to me. earplugs here i come
Attachments
5day_640.jpg
5day_640.jpg (32.79 KiB) Viewed 2529 times
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Omg 76 would be a vacation! And races? I understand the noise level... That would suck ... Can you at least watch them? And ill gladly trade you for a week? Or I can invade Washington! Humm okie Washington takeover 2011? Plotting...
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Yes the temperature is nice here. I get asked all the time how do I stand the noise. Well it's like this I have always been a motor-head so racing is kind of in my blood and the sound of a fine running Nitro burning car making a full pass is like a symphony to my broken eardrums.
Also the racetrack has certain hours of quiet and no running cars before 9:00 AM. Before I moved here I used to live directly under the approach end of Sea-Tac airport. There is nothing like a fully loaded DC-10 or 747 at about 500 feet climbing out over your head to make you realize what noise is.

A short side note: Back in 1994 I decided to get out from under the airplanes so I searched and found this nice little chunk of ground right next to the drag strip. I had researched the operating requirements the racetrack had to adhere to and figured the scheduled daytime races were better than overloaded passenger jets screaming for altitude so I opted for the property.

The day I went to meet the R E agent to look over the land and make an offer the racetrack was having a Division meet and runs were constant. I walked the property and the agent was going to ask me what I thought. He turned to look at me and I saw his lips moving but couldn't hear what he said cause the noise from a car doing a burnout. Halfway through what ever he was saying he just stopped and the color drained from his face. He had thought oh no the noise just blew his deal. I just turned and slowly walked back to my truck ignoring him. When I got to the truck I then turned around, and said "Ill take it" He almost fell over.

I built a house and shop here and been here ever since.

There is a 300 foot greenbelt then a perimeter fence between the back of my shop and the pit area of the track. Normally I can see the start line and the tower from the fence but during the nationals they have transporters backed up to the fence and about 10 feet apart. Most I can see is either some T/F teams or Pro Stock teams. The first couple of years During the nationals they had live Friday night qualifying broadcast live on ESPN. I would open all the doors and windows, Tune the tower PA announcements to my stereo and tuning the big screen video to ESPN. I could actually see the cars and hear the rumble and smell the nitro and tire smoke when the wind was right. It was AWESOME. They delay everything now days.

As for an Okie up here? Sure I am an Okie as both of my grandparents were borne and lived in Lindsey (SP)Back in the early 1900's. I am sure you would love the area and if ya stop in the fall we can take the guns out and bag us a few of them tasty Northwest Spotted Owls. If you get good at spotting em I will then teach you how to grab a wild salmon with your teeth. Ha Ha ha ha ha

Brought to you from my friends at P.E.T.A. (people eating tasty animals.)
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

I'm a card holder of peta I beilve every animal has the right to be basted in bbq sauce and grilled to perfection.... Or smoked.... Lol and ya I would have LOVED to see that guys face when you said ill take it... Only a true gear head could live there and ya Ide be watching to heh deer stand and some binos... Ya we got a little relief from the heat all my attempts at making a cooler were working just not covering the whole shop its amazing what a box fax copper tubing a sump pump and ice water will do heheh I'm using it for the office as for the boys in the shop we ordered two cool opperator swamp cooler fans ouch to the pocket book yay for the boys they needed them and the happier they are the more they work yay! Two more dodge trucks dropped off this week amongst other things ... I'm sick of seeing dodge rams on the lifts i wana smack the persons who thought they would be a great idea... Engines are sound trannys can't hold up it seems oh well toil and trouble keep it up dodge just money in my pocket for every rebuild!
Mudhog1977

Post by Mudhog1977 »

Awww the tx hear has finally fried my brain... As for peta ....already got my bow sighted in
Live to ride, ride to live, thats how I roll
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Nationals Check!

Today I spent the entire day outside in front of the shop working on the footings for the 4 Post lift. It was cool today and overcast but still in the 70's. The wind was just right today and the smells from the track were awesome. Castor oil, Nitromethane, Hi octane fuel, Burning rubber and overcooked hamburgers,chicken,hot dogs,etc. It was incredibly loud today and my older Bro John was helping. He was complaining of his ears bleeding each time they had a Pro session of qualifying. We got the footing forms in and probably pour mud on Sunday. I think I am not going to do a damn thing tomorrow.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

I know mud I've seen the temps coming from Texas still no rain here water rationing and rolling blackouts are fun... And ya tek I was planning on a lil r and r ...." Rev and relaxation " on the river bed Saturday sadly ill be at the shop blew the radiator in the f150 today... And the camo b2 needs breaks and a tune up and we had a farm boy drop off a transmission from a 76 mod truck that needs rebuilt ill take pics of the trans to show you I think he rolled it around in the mud the boys won't work on it till its cleaner so I get to power wash that also we have another rush job another dodge he's from Montana heading home Monday... Also a table came In that's a rush ... We can't get it started it has a breathalyzer... It so hates us... The blow and go tahoes owner will be here in the morning we want to test drive it before we send her down the road... Eash I need a vacation
RAZOR

Post by RAZOR »

sweet ride, got any spare parts for it?
fnlucky

Post by fnlucky »

Yeah whatha lookin for?