A note for Veterans

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
My little pony

A note for Veterans

Post by My little pony »

I'm trying to help to get the word out.

FYI , please pass it on.

The National Personnel Record Center that is responsible for maintaining archives of our military records is automating their storage and management of our military records. When this is complete they plan to destroy the hard copies of the records unless requested by the veteran or a deceased veteran's family to send those records to them.

If a veteran or members of the deceased veteran's family wants to request those records be sent to them instead of being destroyed he/she can make a request by mail to:

National Personnel Records Center
Military Personnel Records
9700 Page Ave.
St. Louis, MO 63132-5100

or:
make the request online at:

<http://vetrecs.archives.gov/> http://vetrecs.archives.gov/ When you submit your request online, a signature form downloadable from the site can be sent to you for completion and submission. The National Personnel Records Center will then send you an e-mail acknowledging your request.
God forgives, Rocks Don't.
madmark

Post by madmark »

Thanx for the info my little pony.Seems like we get screwed around all the time.They just do what they want and dont tell us then we find out when its to late to do anything about it.Where I live we have a V.A. medical clinic and for a few years it was real nice,now it take you 6 months to get in because they cut funding and reduced the # of docs from 6 to 1.
:mad2:
78 bronco,460,L&L headers,RV cam,locked rear,4in lift 35x12.50x15 Mastercraft MT's
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Thanks for the info.....
My little pony

Post by My little pony »

your welcome just trying to get the word out to everyone that is out of the loop. :usa:
God forgives, Rocks Don't.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Appearantly this was not true

http://www.archives.gov/media_desk/pres ... 04-92.html
Press Release
September 22, 2004

False Rumor Regarding Destruction of Veterans Records Rumor Hinders National Personnel Records Center’s Ability to Answer Veterans’ Reference Requests

Washington, DC. . . There is a false rumor circulating on the Internet, in e-mails, and among veteran service organizations that Official Military Personnel Files (OMPFs) at the National Personnel Records Center, operated by the National Archives and Records Administration, will be digitized and then destroyed. This rumor is NOT TRUE.

Neither the Department of Defense (DoD) nor the National Personnel Records Center intend to destroy any OMPFs stored at the Center. The purpose of any electronic scanning would be to help preserve the originals and increase efficiency in handling reference requests.

The National Archives and Records Administration preserves and protects OMPFs that were transferred from the military service departments because they are permanently valuable records that document the essential evidence of military service for the veterans of our nation. NPRC stores and services OMPFs for retired, discharged, or deceased military personnel.

The National Personnel Records Center responds to approximately 4,000 requests pertaining to military records each day, totaling more than one million requests each year. Many of those requests are for Separation Documents (usually DD Form 214) and the Center answers the majority of those inquiries in ten days or less.

Requests resulting from this false rumor will have a negative impact on NPRC’s ability to respond to requests from veterans with real immediate needs, such as medical treatment, employment, retirement, etc.

For press information, contact the National Archives Public Affairs staff at 202-501-5526 or 301-837-1700.
ranger5.0

Post by ranger5.0 »

Ah yes the government and rumors. I get trained on the subject 3-4 times a year. :tongue2:
EBSteve just likes to watch me break things.:-)
420HP and 775Ft lbs Now it is time to break things.