87 bronco hell!!

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
jmbarto06

87 bronco hell!!

Post by jmbarto06 »

Hello I've got an 87 broncoII xlt and its been a nightmare!! We've changed the fuel pumps, the fuel filter and the relay. We are sitting here broke down with no fuel pressure! My poor husband is ready to scrap it because he's been trying so hard to get it running! Its been nothing but a pain but we love it all the same. But here we are broke down again and its as if our bronco II is failing us!
JM
04sd

Re: 87 bronco hell!!

Post by 04sd »

Are the fuel pumps running? Do you have a bad pump issue or electrical issue getting 12V to the pump/s?
Bill
1990 BII, 4.0, (sold)
2005 F150 SCrew
'84 Ranger under construction
drofman

Post by drofman »

did you check the inertia switch? it's on the pass. side up high on the floor board
jmbarto06

Post by jmbarto06 »

We can hear the pumps running and we checked the inertia switch. We are running out of options. We've changed even the map sensor. Its a headache. My poor husband has been looking at it so much he's seing double!
JM
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

so you hear both pumps runnin.??they only run for a few seconds and shut off. you try squirtin gass in the TB to see if it fires?? does it have spark??
04sd

Post by 04sd »

In your first post you said you had no fuel pressure. Is this a guess or did you actually put a gauge on and measure it?
Dave's idea to squirt some gas (or ether) in the throttle body to see if it starts should tell you if it's a no fuel problem.
Bill
1990 BII, 4.0, (sold)
2005 F150 SCrew
'84 Ranger under construction