how bad is my motor

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
mormello

how bad is my motor

Post by mormello »

ok got my first b2 traded a chevy k1500 4x4 with burnt valve and 300 bucks and got it thought i was doing the hustle and i got hustled ok i oil in the antifreeze and steam coming out of the passenger valve cover im guessing blown head gasket i plan to do a total rebuild with new cast heads so im not worried about cracked heads more about cracked block im great with a wrench but ive never had those 2 symptoms at the same time as well as engine having no power cold or warm and i have wet carpet on both sides of front passener compartment when it runs i want to make sure thats the heater core and on top of that the alternator locked up on me to basiclly my question is im keeping the b2 no matter what its a 90 i like the newer front end and i love b2's so i need to know i have like a 2g budget and already plan a rebuild is it better to just go 4.0 or not like i said i am a decent mechanic i can do it and i kinda want to know how hard would a 5 speed swap from auto would be plus a manual shifter for the t-case instead of push button i dont like trusting stuff that does fail thank you in advance for any respones to my jumbled mess just be gentle with me please
Thedsk

Re: how bad is my motor

Post by Thedsk »

Swap in the 4.0 and manual trans.

Sent from a payphone via the matrix