Clutch Change

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
bronco_ swimmer

Clutch Change

Post by bronco_ swimmer »

Im stuck on trying to get the line from the fluid reservoir to the tranny off for the clutch. I have an 88 and cant figure out how to disconnect that male piece that goes into the bellhousing. Any ideas? The book isnt any help and i cant find anywhere that has a clue. Thanks
tekatlarge

Re: Clutch Change

Post by tekatlarge »

bronco_ swimmer wrote:Im stuck on trying to get the line from the fluid reservoir to the tranny off for the clutch. I have an 88 and cant figure out how to disconnect that male piece that goes into the bellhousing. Any ideas? The book isnt any help and i cant find anywhere that has a clue. Thanks
I gots ya some info. I believe you need a special tool P/N T88T70522-A. The line is a snap latch type fitting. I found this illustration for you and it shows what the tool looks like. Seems pretty simple to make a tool to do the job. :idea: :idea: Good Luck

http://autorepair.about.com/library/ill ... 5a-lib.htm
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
bronco_ swimmer

Re: Clutch Change

Post by bronco_ swimmer »

I got it all changed out. Thanks for the input. I used 2 flatheads to push it in after realizing it needed to be pushed. They seemd to work fine...