Starting issue

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tmg1018

Starting issue

Post by tmg1018 »

OK I just got a new-to-me 1985 Bronco II. It starts GREAT first thing when it is cold and has not been started or running for a few hrs. It is pretty cold here in Salem right now, in the 30's. The weird thing though is that if I have had it started within a few hrs it is a little difficult to start again. I have to either pump the gas a couple times or hold it to the floor as I am starting it then it fires right up.

I have never had an older vehicle be able to start right up first thing in the cold morning with just a turn of the key but not be able to a little bit later.

I have changed the plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, and air filter so far and have a new fuel filter to add today. I will also be changing the oil and filter today or tomorrow as well.

Any ideas would be great.

Oh another question for you all since I am a fresh out-of-the-box newbie, what do I use in the clutch fluid reservoir? The Haynes manual is not real clear (to me that is) on that.
broncofan

Re: Starting issue

Post by broncofan »

not to sure about your starting issue, but brake fliud goes in your clutch resovior
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 tune, 06 F150 Harley-Davidson Edition,03 Mustang GT Conv, 97 Jeep GC Laredo 5.2, 84 BII