brake lights

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
CherryColaholic

brake lights

Post by CherryColaholic »

Hey guys, i got a problem. Hopefully somebody can give me some pointers. I have an 89 b2 4x4 xlt, 2.9l 5 spd. my brake lights dont work at all. My flashers dont work, my horn doesnt work. My tailights come on, turn signals work, just not brakes or flashers. I have a crappy repair manual that has a tiny wiring diagram. From what i can tell the flashers and brakes are on the same circuit. Anyway, i checked all fuses, replaced the bulbs in case one of the elements was burned out, and checked the wires on the top of the pedal to make sure they were still connected. The wiring diagram in the book shows a "multi function switch" that has all the lights connected to it and i think this might be where my problem is. So... does anyone know where this switch is, or do you have any other suggestions? PepBoys was going to charge me $70 just to look at it so im really desperate for some help. Any would be greatly appreciated. Thanx fellas.
Swamp_Donkey

Post by Swamp_Donkey »

Did u try the relay in the fuse box...? the one on the bottom left for your flashers?
JAK

Post by JAK »

I beleive the multi-function switch would be your headlight know. If that is the case, you can rule it out as a culprit. Since the horn does not work as well, I would look for crossed wires somewhere, if you did any work to it.