Why Wont You Run!!!!

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
bronco_ swimmer

Why Wont You Run!!!!

Post by bronco_ swimmer »

I was drivin down the highway and my 88' started buckin and sputtering. I pulled over to see what was going on. About a week before it happened i had noticed a power loss and now it wld barely run the umph was so low. Cldnt get it started again for 2 hrs and when i did it barely ran and only for a short while. Thinking it was a fuel pump prob i replaced the pump, cleaned the tank and put n a new filter. Didnt fix it. Brought it to a mechanic and he changed the distributor, plugs and oil. Still didnt help. SO i replaced the O2 sensor. It wld run, kinda, after the mechanic and i did our thing, but it still barely starts and is a pain to get there. I also put in a new started and alternator and battery about 3 months ago. Does anyone know what the problem might be? I have looked for hrs and no luck so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Ranger Dave

Re: Why Wont You Run!!!!

Post by Ranger Dave »

whats the fuel presuure??? the HP pump runnin?? you change the filter in the black thingy inside the drivers side frame rail??
bronco_ swimmer

Its gettin fuel. Idk what the pressure is but i know its gettin juice.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

bronco_ swimmer wrote:i know its gettin juice.

aparently not enough,ya gotta check. theres two fuel pumps ya know
drofman

Post by drofman »

you can buy a cheap fuel pressure tester at harbor frieght, should be around 35psi with vacuum line disconnected at fuel regulator. like Dave said there are 2 pumps. if you check the fuel pressure then you can go from there. Dave, love the black thingy lol
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

the black thingy with a filter in it
http://www.broncoii4x4.com/forum/viewto ... f=1&t=4052
bronco_ swimmer

Could the fuel injectors be the culprit? Would them clogged up cause this kind of trouble?
drofman

Post by drofman »

HAVE YOU CHECKED FUEL PRESSURE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Get that out of the way 1st, then go from there.