Check Oil Light in dash is on

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
RakerBill60

Check Oil Light in dash is on

Post by RakerBill60 »

:wtf: I recently replaced my fuel filter on my 87 BII 2.9, and changed the oil. I have good oil pressure, and all of a sudden my check oil light in my dash is lit up. I check the oil every day before I start it, and it's full. I have checked the oil pressure with a manual guage, and it is at 40PSI at idle. :mad2:
Any idea what might have tripped the light? I ran the codes, and there is no code showing up for it.
Thanks all. :beer:
drofman

Re: Check Oil Light in dash is on

Post by drofman »

is it the oil pressure light (red) or the check oil light (yellow)? some B2's have a sensor (float) on the side of the oil pan, when you have low oil level the light comes on (2 qts down). if you have the sensor, pull the connector (it's a b*tch) if light goes out it's the sensor, if it stays on, you have the wire touching somewhere
RakerBill60

Post by RakerBill60 »

It is the yellow check light. It had come on after I had done some work under the hood. I had replaced the heater hoses and some vacuum lines. There were some wires in a loom hanging down behind the alternator going to the engine and over to the fenderwell by the batttery. I tucked them up, and taped them to the heater hoses because there was a lot of pressure on the TPS and water temp sensor for the ECM because they were hanging down.
I will pull the wiring off of the sensor to see if that is the problem, and do an update in the next few days.
drofman

Post by drofman »

this might help
Attachments
PA130177.JPG
RakerBill60

Post by RakerBill60 »

Thanks for the diagram, I appreciate it. I will print this off, and unplug the connector, and see if it takes care of the problem.