Alignment is off

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
forman621

Alignment is off

Post by forman621 »

My 86 EB has an alignment problem only on the right front tire. It is wearing out on the inside and it also sits lower. I didnt think that camber would effect ride hight. So what can i do to fix it at home or identify if somethiing is crewed up?
RakerBill60

Re: Alignment is off

Post by RakerBill60 »

I could be wrong, but it sounds like a weak coil spring. I'm not sure if it would throw the alignment off. You can check the toe in, cause if the tire is pointing outwards, it would wear the inside of the tire.
Does it pull to the right? Have you checked the ball joints and upper and lower control arms to see if the bushings are loose ot worn out?
Those are a good place to start.
Hope this helps ya.
forman621

Re: Alignment is off

Post by forman621 »

cool thanks that helps a lot. my first idea was that the spring was sagging or something. because i did check the ball joints and bearings and they are just fine. and i noticed on the spring perch that it was kind of torn up so i think that i will go get a leveling key for the front end.