4.0 swap in 84 BII

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Bronc 2 84

4.0 swap in 84 BII

Post by Bronc 2 84 »

I wanted to get everyones opinoin.On doing the 302 carbed or the 4.0 fuel injected to my 84 BII.I now theres alot to do with converting to the 302 and my truck already being carburated to me it seems like an awful lot to change and modify. So to me it seems besides having to switch to fuel injection and getting the computer,wiring from the donor truck and being able to use my current trans to do the 4.0 swap it seems to just drop right in.

So i guess my question is which would be easier to do without running into much complication.
Don't get me wrong but i'm sure it's a hassle to switch to fuel injection but to me I'd rather add a fuel pump and fuel lines than do all that cutting and body lifting trans swapping getting a dual oil pan and everything else i mean thats alot of money.To me 4.0 seems less expensive and easier to do WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK?
1984 Bronco II
devsbronco2

Re: 4.0 swap in 84 BII

Post by devsbronco2 »

ok well since yours is a carb set up the fuel pump and lines and eletrical will all have to be changed. I have a 89 b2 and im currently doing the 4.0 swap right now. Your going to have alot of wires and things to run and splice since yours it carb. Mine just bolts right in with just 2 new drill holes for the motor mounts. go get you the wiring diagrams for both the bronco2 and the donor car. It mite be a challenge on yours.
awjuhl

Re: 4.0 swap in 84 BII

Post by awjuhl »

hey what all did you have to add to yours wireing wise to get it all set up can i use some of the exzisting wire harness to wire up a 4.0 or do I have rip out the stock one out to wire it up