My Bronco II is a beast in snow

Been wheelin? Got pics? Share your Bronco II adventure with the rest of us.
joeyy

My Bronco II is a beast in snow

Post by joeyy »

I got an 87 2.9L Eddie Bauer and this thing loves the snow. I dont got any pictures but I'd like too. This thing is justa total beast in snow. It goes anywhere. I do have studded tires in the rear and chains on the front but still this thing puts full size truck to shame. It will go right through 3 feet of snow. I love this truck so much. i dont even have 235's on it yet. i still got the 205's on it until this summer when I can offord to put bigger tires on and a lift. I'll be sure to upload some pics at some point. Just wanted to brag about it, I know my brothers Chevy cant do what I do.
Nobody

Re: My Bronco II is a beast in snow

Post by Nobody »

Yep, Bronco II's are great in the snow right out of the box. Get the right tires at 2-4 psi, and you'll make everyone look silly. Now give us our snow back. The trees and flowers are blooming on the left coast.
joeyy

Post by joeyy »

Just come and get it, I like having it, But everyone else is like "eww snow, my car sucks, i cant get anywhere, blah blah blah" while im flying past them at 40 MPH on a snowy icy road, bouncing around, its fun as hell, haha people just stare at me like i have 3 heads, haha
303lithgow

Post by 303lithgow »

Nobody wrote:Yep, Bronco II's are great in the snow right out of the box. Get the right tires at 2-4 psi, and you'll make everyone look silly. Now give us our snow back. The trees and flowers are blooming on the left coast.
I grew up in in snow country and know about letting some air out of the tires for better traction but isn't 2-4 psi rather low?
303lithgow

Post by 303lithgow »

joeyy wrote:.....i dont even have 235's on it yet. i still got the 205's on it until this summer when I can offord to put bigger tires on...........
Bigger tires may be better in the mud but not in the snow. I think 235's would be about the biggest I'd go for snow.

I suspect I'll get a lot of negative comments. Just keep it friendly.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

303lithgow wrote: Bigger tires may be better in the mud but not in the snow. I think 235's would be about the biggest I'd go for snow.

This debate is opinion based. I have had 205s, 235s, 30", and 33" and I would say easily 33s were the best in the deep snow with about 8psi. But thats my personal opinion.
303lithgow

Post by 303lithgow »

Phillippi wrote:
303lithgow wrote: Bigger tires may be better in the mud but not in the snow. I think 235's would be about the biggest I'd go for snow.

This debate is opinion based. I have had 205s, 235s, 30", and 33" and I would say easily 33s were the best in the deep snow with about 8psi. But thats my personal opinion.
It depends on the type of snow too.

When I drove long haul I hated 'bobtailing' because it was like driving a rollerskate. Without a loaded trailer the tractor didn't have enough weight for the amount of rubber on the road. Just a little tap on the brakes would lock them up.
1986 Bronco II, base 4wd, auto
1990 Bronco II, XLT, 5 speed
1970 F250 Camper Special
1967 Kit Companion Camper Trailer
iceman21

Post by iceman21 »

Really?! 2-3 psi? That's... Low... Low... I run 31" way higher psi then that, your telling me that if I dropped my psi my b2 would kick even more a** in the snow?! AWESOME