noob need some help please

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
BIGorange2

noob need some help please

Post by BIGorange2 »

OK so i just got a beautiful 1984 orange B2 and i was looking under the hood to see why it will not start and i noticed that at the starter sellunoid and there is only one wire going from the battery to it im pretty positve that there should be another wire going to the ignition so can someone please tell me if im right and if so can you possibly show me some diagram so i can do it myself please and thank you. and pics coming soon :D
drofman

Re: noob need some help please

Post by drofman »

Yea it's suppose to have 1. Does it look new? I had same year bottom T-Stat as a Ranger. The R/LB (red with light blue tracer) is the start and it goes on the S terminal There should be atleast 2 wires hooked to the battery cable side of the starter relay with 3 to 5 fuse links on it, I would check power at the Ign. swt, it's the big yellow wires and with the key on you should have power at both big yellers. I quessing you have already checked spark and your thinking someone have been messing with the relay. It could be something else (TFI, alarm system... etc) but if you want to know if it's got power to the swt this is it. Good Luck
drofman

Post by drofman »

With the key in START should have power at both yellers (gees I only had 1 beer)
drofman

Post by drofman »

OK more than 1.With the key in START should have power at R/LB at swt. Don't forget the clutch interlock/neutal safety swt.