My 2.9 Problem starting

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
justinaron

Re: My 2.9 Problem starting

Post by justinaron »

Thank you for all your help techatlarge. i replaced the coil, the pickup sensor in the dizzy, high pressure fuel pump, inline fuel filter, o2 sensor. she got me to the gas station before i changed the o2 sensor. when it warmed up it was acting kinda sluggish, so i changed the o2 sensor... it was still acting with it was getting to much fuel... so i went to autozone and they ran their computer on it i believe it threw codes like 68 87 and some others... the two things that caught my attention when we looked up the codes was the tps sensor and the primary fuel pump... i got the new tps sensor and installed it there. then when i went to crank it up it blew my tfi.... again no tach... so i ran to oreilleys and warranted it out... got back in it with my new tps and my new tfi module... it would die when i tried to gas it again it was warmed up... now i am sitting at home trying to figure out the oxygen sensor wiring the connector got melted by the previous owner apparently so now i am trying to figure out which wire is which all i can see is that 2 are solid black and one is black with a green stripe... HELP ME I AM SO LOST.... Thanks again bro you have been a big help ....
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Hey where the heck are we with this problem.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
drofman

Post by drofman »

man, you've change to many parts. back to the begining. do you have fuel pressure like tek explained to you on the 1st page? there is 2 pumps. tranfer pump in the tank and hi-pressure on the frame rail. will it run on spary cleaner or wd40 when it dies. next spark. pull a wire off and hold it about 1/8" to 1/4" away from ground or hook a timing light up. it wouldn't be bad to pull a plug and see what it looks like. then air. not just in but out also. from what i seen at 1st it only ran at 3 grand and now it won't but will it idle