sad day today... will this work as a fix?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
kolton

sad day today... will this work as a fix?

Post by kolton »

driving home from work today, the car in front of me on the highway lost controll and spun round towards me. i went into the barditch to find out that there was a man hole elevated about 2feet above the ground. i landed directly on top of it.
everyone was okay, the woman (who was on her phone and lost controll because she swerved to try and miss a squirrel. wich turned out to be a small piece of 2x4) was a little shaken up, and there was no damage to her vehicle.

the long arms i just made when i did my D35TTB swap are now completley worthless. poth are knocked about 4-6in out of whack.

my question is, will the short arms off of my old dana 28 fit on the dana 35? i dont care that im losing my long arms,, i will fix that later. i just need to get back on the road...
Shake and Bake
Ranger Dave

Re: sad day today... will this work as a fix?

Post by Ranger Dave »

yup, alot of guys do that for the better shock mount on the 28
kolton

Re: sad day today... will this work as a fix?

Post by kolton »

thanks Dave.

i put them back on this morning, drove it around awhile and it felt REALY mushy in the frint suspension. drove it to the shop and put it on the lift to find out that i had actually cracked the tb arm in half!

so now its back to the drawing boards. the stock dana 28 is going back in this afternoon so that i can get to work tomorrow...

i think im going to find another dana 35 and build it stronger. then put it in. figure id actually build one this time instead of throwing one in and letting it work.

ive seen the ttb arms supported and boxed, that sounds cool. how much stronger are they really?

i know you can put dana 44 knuckles on, what does that involve and is it worth it?

anything else yall can think of would be helpfull and appreciated. thanks.

(i decided not to build my bii into a crawler, keep it on the street. but im gonna find a f100/150 frame and do a BII body swap, then build it. i just love mine too much to not be able to drive it every day...)
Shake and Bake