4wd still not working did all the following

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
89_bronco

4wd still not working did all the following

Post by 89_bronco »

ok to start i went and took off the shift motor to see if it was froze up or not working, i put 12v to it and it barely moved then when i switched the polarity it worked both ways perfectly fine. I put it back on and still nothing, i got a new 4wd button cuz the lights never worked they did when u first start it but when it runs nothing. I checked the fuse under the hood and its good. Checked the fuses under the dash and there all good. Checked shift module box behind driver seat and then reset it a few times and still nothing, the only thing that happens is when you push either of the buttons you can hear it click behind the seat twice but still nothing.. Any ideas
scotty boi

Re: 4wd still not working did all the following

Post by scotty boi »

try taking it to a auto shop and ask them to reset your computer on the truck because the way you are describing it is locking in but automaticly locking out on its own and that might be the computer malufunctioning....gotta love the technology