sas swapped in and now drive shaft is about to hit exahust

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
87xjmike

sas swapped in and now drive shaft is about to hit exahust

Post by 87xjmike »

Can i see some picks of what you guys did to your exauhst to make room for this swap? I think my front shaft is not stock as it seems fatter and it bolts right in with this eb dana 30 sas and i netted about 6"s of lift with the eb 2.5" lift coils. There is basically no room for the exaust down pipe. I think i may have to flip the headers around and do some stacks coming out the hood.

I'm going to take picks of everything for you guys tomorrow and post it up.
So far we got the toyo axle bolted in in the back w/ 4.10 gears and welded spiders
Eb d 30 is bolted in, used the eb radius arms with the stock b2 radius arm brackets, Took a bit of grinding but we made it work.
App: 84 2.8l
Ranger Dave

Re: sas swapped in and now drive shaft is about to hit exahust

Post by Ranger Dave »

plenty of room
Attachments
New Pan.JPG
87xjmike

Post by 87xjmike »

It may be the angle but that doesn't look like plenty of room. It looks like you've already hit it with the ds and it looks like you will at compression. Your driveshaft looks to be about as wide mine. I need to just hurry up and get these square shafts in and call it good.
87xjmike

Post by 87xjmike »

It also looks like you need to cut your crossmember up a little. I put the eb 30 under mine and there was no way i was going to clear the cross member at full compression.
Although your b2 is pretty clean so i'm sure you got it all dialed in.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

its the angle. the pipe is made that way. all ready cut the cross menber