IDLE PROBLEMS

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
TOM

IDLE PROBLEMS

Post by TOM »

I HAVE A 88 2.9FI. THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS THE IDLE. WHEN I BOUGHT IT IT WAS DOING FINE, NOW IT IS IDLING HIGH AROUND 1200 TO 1300, SOMETIMES, THE BIGGEST THING IS WHEN STARTING OFF THEN SHIFTING IT SOMETIMES ACTS IF IT IS STICKING AND RUNS UP AROUND 2000, THEN IT MAY GO BACK DOWN OR NOT. IF I STOP AT A LIGHT AND PUSH IN CLUTCH IT MY REV UP. WHAT THE HECK IDS GOING ON. I REMOVED IAC AND CLEANED IT, SPRAY CLEAN THE TB, TRIED ADJUSTING THE IDLE SCREW, WD 40 THE CABLE. WHAT ELSE? THANKS
djadjective

Re: IDLE PROBLEMS

Post by djadjective »

Does your bronco have Cruise control? If it does I would check the cable to see if its sticking. Happened to me the other day, the cable had came off the mounting tab and got stuck to the throttle cable, everytime i pushed the clutch in it would rev to 2000 rpm and not come down until I put it in gear again.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

if you unplug the IAC does the idle drop down??
clem

Post by clem »

I had a 2.3L ranger that did something like that, it turned out to be a vacuum leak in the brake booster. Good luck.
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110