Looking @ a Bronco

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Rockcrawler

Re: Looking @ a Bronco

Post by Rockcrawler »

He said it wouldnt move even when pushed by his jeep! So with the t case in nutral when he pushed it with his jeep it would have moved. So in turn it wouldnt be the trans because the trans is not even connected to the wheels. :finger:
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

sorry i read that rong
WaPaul

Post by WaPaul »

I think he is trying to say that if the Diff is locked up you cant move the rig no matter what you do, its locked up. If you remove the drive line and it still will not roll then its no the Tcase or tranny.

If the diff is locked or the Tcase is bad the motor will change pitch and sound like there is a load on the engine. If the tranny is bad then it will not change the motor pitch because ther is no load on the motor.

If the tranny is bad replace it with the same kind. If you change the a stick you will have to put in a hydraulic system for the clutch and plumb it to the tranny. Not that its a big deal to change it, but its time and money, if you hack job it then its never going to work right.
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

Yeah i did a Auto to stick swap. its not to hard but will catch you with odd ball prices. It cost me about 500 bucks to do it. I never did get the right floor hole for the shifter. But it worked ok.
WaPaul

Post by WaPaul »

Its easy to swap to an automatic.

I put a C4 in my b2 with a 289. The floor pan had a section around the shifter lever from my 5 speed, that I could unscrew and it opened up a large hole for the auto on the floor.