Hello noob from GA

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
rmodel65

Hello noob from GA

Post by rmodel65 »

Helllo guys, first off id like to mention i bleed ford blue. I just picked up a Bronco ii, i had a 2wd ranger a while back and sold it off( bad mistake it was bullet proof with a 2.3 and 5spd) i painted a Bii a while back for a friend and it was more comfy than my old ranger leg room wise.

well today i picked up this 2 its a 1988 4x4 model 2.9 5spd. its got either a bad tranny or a transfer case? it was cheap only 400$ the guy i bought it from says its the transfer case(i haven't been able to get underneath to confirm recently broke my right femur :( )

basically i drove it home going about 15mph, if you dont ease into it its grinds and pops similar to pedaling a bike to fast with a loose chain. ive never messed with 4x4 stuff, anyone got any idea on this problem? the transfer case is a manual shift model as it has a floor shifter for the tranny and the tcase

Ranger Dave

Re: Hello noob from GA

Post by Ranger Dave »

check the rear driveshaft. any vibrations
rmodel65

Post by rmodel65 »

you a free stater ranger dave? i love the idea behind their movement

well i went out today put the tcase in neutral and ran through the gears so i guess that eliminates the tranny since i didnt have any bad noises :P

ive got a buddy who is supposed to be coming over hes gonna crawl underneath for me to see whats up.
Ranger Dave

Post by Ranger Dave »

rmodel65 wrote:you a free stater ranger dave? i love the idea behind their movement

HUH????
rmodel65

Post by rmodel65 »