Help!!! B2 turning over problem?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
hunterh2

Help!!! B2 turning over problem?

Post by hunterh2 »

Hey all,

So for starters id like to say i definitely don't pretend to be a mechanic.lol. But anyways, I purchased my new project :D (84' B2 4x4 v6) a couple days ago. I bought a new battery, put the distributor together and am now working with the carburetor.

He guy that had it before me said he had it running great, messed with the carburetor and then it kept dieing on him. I filled the little reservoir about half way till the floater was parallel to the deck. And after putting the air horn piece to the carburetor back together. I went to start the engine and it slowely started turning over and i got it to run!!! for like 5 seconds. :wtf: Then it died on me and i couldnt get it started again(the rod that connects to the rounded valves that open up was not connected for this).

I attached the guide rod and it with the throttle fully open the valve only opens about 1/8 an inch to let air in...Im pretty sure at full throttle it should be open fully correct? This must be an air problem Correct?(Cause when i got it started then began to let off the gas the valve was still open(cause no guide rod attached) so that would make it die right? Or is it more likely something else like spark plugs?

PLEASE HELP!!!
Thank you.

Another thing... If i continued to work with it tryin to get it to run i probably flooded it didnt I? What do i do about that? thanks