Motorcraft 2150

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
tekatlarge

Motorcraft 2150

Post by tekatlarge »

It seems to me someone was looking for information on the Ford Motorcraft 2150 Carb a while back.

I just finished putting together an article on the 2150. How it works and how it does what it does. I found this article a long time ago and I don't know who wrote the original but I have a massaged edition on my site for anyone to read at their leisure. just click on my site in my sig.

Oh I added some schematics on 88 and 89 also to my site. If you are needing electrical diagrams or something of the likes let me know maybe I can help out.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
Ruffinit

Re: Motorcraft 2150

Post by Ruffinit »

Hey Tek,
I like your site and that's great information on the 2150. I'll scan and send you a couple articles I have on it also. Thanks for this.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Thanks for the positive comments. I am glad to be of help..
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
clem

Post by clem »

That's why he's called tek@large. So wheres the pictures of the blow'n bronco. :redneck: :canada:
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Hey Clem,

I figured someone would eventually want to see pictures and facts...

I have some pictures of the blower and hardware setup and I have photos of the log Intake. I still have a ways to go. I have not yet bolted this on a complete running engine or test run it. I have a dead 2.9 setting on a stand and have used it for initial mockup. During mockup I found I had some clearance issues with plumbing, I also found Issues with the accessory drive assembly / tensioner and getting everything to mount and hook up and of course fit into and under the hood in my BII…

I will probably post some of the blower pictures pretty soon but there will be NO pictures of my Intake until all testing and tuning is done! That part is proprietary. I designed it and am not going to let someone steal my idea and beat me to the finish. I am kind of like them old "Pro-Stock" engine builders; they usually had cardboard taped to the manifold so you couldn't see any details.

One more thing to keep in mind and that is I am a slow moving guy. I spend the majority of my time working from my Powerchair. As I can only stand short periods of time and am limited to about 10 steps I have to work a bit slower. Oh yeah there is another big reason I haven't moved as fast as I wanted and that is the severe restriction on my build / project budget. Trying to live on a very small retirement does not help! I try to spread what little money I have around. I am trying to balance 5 projects and keep making a little progress on each one. The worst part is every time I turn around I have to fix something here that has broken or worn out and was an unplanned expense.

Over the next few months I am going to be making some good progress on several fronts (I hope) and may have the 2.9 ready to run by fall 2009.

Keep watching and keep bugging me and I will eventually finish up this build.

Some FACS on the build.

1. Engine base is a 2.0mm oversize 2.9 block.
2. I am using a stock 2.9 Crankshaft with some radius on the journals and other little items like shot peening and balancing the rotating assembly.
3. The cam was designed and custom ground by Charlie of Cam Craft Cams. He tells me it should be a stump pulling SOB with his cam and the blower.
4. Heads are mildly polished and port matched Set of new World Castings.
5. Rockers nitrided and Spacers for zero side movement
6. Stock Oil Pump with a few Canadian created modifications by Mechanix.
7. Basically stock distributor.
8. Electronics are copied from a Tbird super coupe. The current plan is to use a modified super coupe harness and then burn a set of proms for the B II computer.
9. Injectors TBD but leaning toward the same injectors was used in the Super Coupe. A lot will depend on the first running of two so I can get a basic fuel map then I can see what will work best.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
clem

Post by clem »

I didn't mean to hi-jack a thread..... I'll take a pic of the superchager! Thats gonna be F-N cool. ;) :canada:
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110