heater blows cold air

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
MrD

heater blows cold air

Post by MrD »

So for a while the heater has been blowing cold air. I didn't mind much because normally las vegas doesn't get that cold.

Well that all changed. I had the radiator system flushed, no help. I went and bought a new heater core at autozone for $21.00 and now it is very warm and toasty. :D
clem

Re: heater blows cold air

Post by clem »

Good to see. It's nice to hear a solution on here. People should update us on the problems and if they got it sorted or not. :redneck: :canada:
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
Ruffinit

Re: heater blows cold air

Post by Ruffinit »

Thanks for the update.. word of caution for those out there driving these now 20 year old vehicles; unless you have had the radiator and heater core rebuilt or replaced, taking it to have it power flushed is NOT a good idea. The older radiators and heater cores (which are just smaller radiators) over time get corroded and the metal fatigued. What this means is you can cause yourselves some major problems by a power flush blowing out the radiators and then you'll end up paying for not only the flush that caused the problem, but the new radiator work/replacement also. The 1984 BIIs have different radiators than the rest of the years do and are a bit harder to come by.
Prestone and a few other companies make the flush kits that only use a garden hose and do a pretty fair job, if it's worse than that, take the radiator to a shop and have them cook it and pressure test it, then if it fails, at least it will be in a place where they can fix it too.