Falls on its face

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
88blueb2

Falls on its face

Post by 88blueb2 »

Almost Every time i drive my 88 Bronco 2 it sputters when i get on the gas no matter how much gas i give it. I bought the bronco 2 years ago and replaced the fuel system except for the injectors and it just started doing this four or five months ago since then i have put on an alternator new distributor cap and rotor, coil and after i put good plugs in two months ago it quit untill last week when it started again except now after i start it after ive drove it for awile and put it in gear it dies and it will not start up again till it cools down i'm fed up please help me :mad2:
Nobody

Re: Falls on its face

Post by Nobody »

I would suspect the TFI module on the side of the distributor.
88blueb2

Post by 88blueb2 »

Ok i got a couple quick ?'s. how big of a job is it to change that and how much is the new part? thank you by the way because i was ready to throw a for sale sign on it and quit
MrD

Post by MrD »

On my 84 BII, I think I paid about $40 bucks at autozone. Maybe took me an hour because I had a hard time after I dropped one of the screws. I crawled up as high as I could get in the engine bay.
campcreekkennel

Post by campcreekkennel »

my 88 did that then i put a tail pipe on it and it stopped. But mine was rusted off behind the cat
88blueb2

Post by 88blueb2 »

thanks guys turns out the distrubutor is loose vibrated out of time