what else you working on?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
clem

what else you working on?

Post by clem »

Beside my bII project I do bicycle repair, my wife has this thing with Volkswagens, she owns 4 of them, I love to wrench on anything.I always say it doesn't matter the symbol on the grille all manufactures carry parts because they all break down. I seen a tatoo once that said "If it's got tits or tires it's gonna cost ya money.So I know some of you do more than just bronco stuff. So what else are you working on, share with us!
'87 bII d44,9",np435/205and a 302 ( on hold)
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
MrD

Re: what else you working on?

Post by MrD »

I have a 1966 Ford F100 that I inherited from my Dad that I mess with trying to keep it in the great shape my Dad had it in.

I am also learning to play around with mountain style bicycles. I have an old GT ZAKAR I got from a friend. I have the rear derailer zip tied, I can only use the front small gear and about 3-4 gears on the rear. I have some work to do.

I also have a Losi mini lst 1/18th scale electric monster truck. I need to rebuild both differentials on it to get it running again.

Always busy even with my wife and 9 y.o. daughter's schedule.

laters-Kelly :cool:
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Well besides the B2, I have a 94 Landcruiser that is constantly being worked on to keep running well. I also have a house and wife and 3 kids. Im either with the family or working lately with not much time for anything else...
vabronconut

Post by vabronconut »

before i moved from texas i had a 65 ford falcon that i put a 71 lincoln 460 in. i was dieing to road test it but still needed to finish the full subframe. so i boxed up the tires and ran the hell out of it, well needless to say i twisted the body like a pretzle. that was the end of that toy, so i threw the engine in a 90 full size bronco, it was awsome untill i rolled it down a hill and was stopped by a tree. remember ladies and gentlemen keep your hands and arms in the vehicle !!!! got lucky and only wound up with a cuncusion, few stitches, and another f-d up toy. after i moved from texas i gave up on any toys for awhile. now im putting together an abortion of a rig. i will post updated pics soon.

vw's are cool, hell you can lift the engine out by yourself without a cherry picker, can't get any better than that !

im surprised that you can find a vw up that far with a floor still in it
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
clem

Post by clem »

vabronconut wrote:im surprised that you can find a vw up that far with a floor still in it

There getting hard to find, but you can buy replacment floor planels. The camper van came from out west but still had some floor work done, hope to be camping this year but summers almost over and I'm not quite there yet.
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
clem

Post by clem »

Heres the last project it took me almost 5 years to complete, it was a basket case, should have been a parts car![img]
2008_0528stuff0009.JPG
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
MrD

Post by MrD »

:cool: great job
clem

Post by clem »

Thanks, did you ever get that mountain bike working?
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Besides the B2 Bomber I am building a 23 Ford TCoupe. Built 351 with a purpose built FMX trans and a ford 9 for the rear. I should have it complete by next summer in time for some cruzin!

I am always into something as it seems I have no spare time at all anymore. :idea:

It's rumored I am a cranky old Man...:flipoff: Don't believe everything ya hear!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
vabronconut

Post by vabronconut »

tek, i saw pictures of your shop, and um im not one to call someone a liar,,, but a b2????? maybe a little over the top. :D
and i have no idea who told you were a grumpy old bast to your face, i thought we were only doing that on private messages behind your back :finger:

clem, super nice job on the bug. im not a bug fan but i really appreciate quality work and from what i can see you did a sweet job. i guess those long winters leave you with allot of time to stay in a warm shop. hey but super job.
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Oh Oh Oh I mean the BII not the Airplane, and it is really just a bomb around rig. I can't help it if it has a Blower and all that stuff, it really is gonna fly!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
MrD

Post by MrD »

Clem I have the mtn bike working again. :D

It is a 1994 Gt, oldie but a goodie.

clem

Post by clem »

That's F-N cool Mr D, I love those old GT's, I got a Norco "rage" full suspension An old Maxam "warp drive" that I lighten up and out on road tires. I started my own business doing bike repair about 4 years ago I just do it on weekends and evenings, but it's cutting into my truck/van building time.
'73 vw bug
'70 vw camper van
'98 jeep tj
2010 ranger
'56 international s110
lostexan

Post by lostexan »

Good job on the v-dubs, I always have loved working and driving those things.(no pun intended) lol. I just sold my 87 supra and 65 willys cj-5, so I used to wrench on those alot, now I wrench on my wifes grandprix. If I am not doing school work or with the family, I am always doing stuff with my compound bow, r/c plane, fishing stuff, and survival stuff.
cajun66

Post by cajun66 »

I have a 58 bug that I use to pull a Polaris PWC that has 3 times as much horsepower as the bug. :rolleyes:
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g260/ ... %20Beetle/
Sic Transit Gloria Mundi
Illigitimus Non Carbarundum
1985 Bronco2
1958 Willys CJ5