84 B2 She is new to me

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
MrD

84 B2 She is new to me

Post by MrD »

Well I wanted to find something I could haul my pedal bike with to the dirt trails and go on back road excursions here in hot Las Vegas, Nevada.

I also wanted to keep the miles lower on my mini cooper.

I started looking at Samurais, then I decided to look at Bronco II. :eek:

Well I left the house one day to buy a new mountain bicycle and bought an 84 BII instead.

Maybe I should of looked around more but to late for that.

84 BII, 2.8 L, XLT, 5 spd with OD, 4x4 automatic hubs, ac, no power windows or seats.

I think I am going to have to eventually replace the old carb, for now I am doing little maintenance items. The interior is light blue, with a tear in the driver's seat, the driver's seat bends back to far, and the carpet is missing on the driver's side floorboard. Rest of the inside is nice. I am thinking of a body lift for 30-31 tires. I will probably keep the rest of her stock as I like originality and a little modification.

xeducatex

Re: 84 B2 She is new to me

Post by xeducatex »

do you know how much a rebuilt carb costs with labor?
MrD

Post by MrD »

I just got my carb rebuilt here in Las Vegas for $170 and some change. I took it off myself and took it to the shop and they had it completed that afternoon.

She runs really good except I put in some ethanol fuel to help with the emissions test and now she doesn't like to idle. I need to add more fuel to dilute the ethanol better.

Let me know if you have anymore questions,
laters Mr. D
vabronconut

Post by vabronconut »

nice looking bronco, i think a nice set of 31's would look sweet ! and by the way much better choice than a susucky
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
MrD

Post by MrD »

Here is an update:
I replaced front brakes and rotors along with the inner & outer bearings and seals
on the front as well. I need to check the back breaks next. I got sidetracked:

New wheels with some old 31 M/T that I am going to finish wearing out this is taken at my camping spot on Wed at Mt. Charleston in Nevada at 8,300 ft in Oct.:

Old front

Front in progress

grinding left overs

New front- what a pita, I had to grind off the bumper bolts

same old saying: I still have more to do

laters Kelly
vabronconut

Post by vabronconut »

is that a stock bii bumper?? i like it, and the truck looks great !
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
MrD

Post by MrD »

The front bumper was on the truck when I bought it. at pic a parts I found the brush guard on a 85-87? BII so I thought I would see if it would work.

Thanks for the comments
huntsforfood

Post by huntsforfood »

I like the upgrades. I had to torch my bolts to put brush guard on mine.
Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit »

Looks great. Those 31s fit pretty good. I run 235/75-15s on all of mine. (3 Broncs and an Exp Sport) I had to run to Tennessee to pick up my '84, drove it 600 miles home.. Somebody had tried to remove all the smog control and emissions stuff without knowing what they were doing. The mechanic told me he had tuned up the carb on it before I picked it up. When he said that a big red flag went up.. :mad2: It was driveable and that's about it. Took me over 40 gallons to get home. Went through the engine hooking stuff back up and replacing what was missing, did a tuneup on the carb and drove it all winter ~5000 miles in the snow/ice/cold here in Iowa averaging about 18-19mpg. Even my 88 fuel injected 2.9 wouldn't quite do that..