hey quick quwstion for ya?

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
MJONES602

hey quick quwstion for ya?

Post by MJONES602 »

if i do explorer leafs and coils then 2" coil spacers and add a leafs will i need brake lines and pitnam arm and anything else please help need to know by monday
MATT JONES
vabronconut

Re: hey quick quwstion for ya?

Post by vabronconut »

MJONES602 wrote:if i do explorer leafs and coils then 2" coil spacers and add a leafs will i need brake lines and pitnam arm and anything else please help need to know by monday

pitman arm definetly not, brake lines for a 2" lift i would not think so. jack the truck up by the bumper or frame until the wheel is hanging and measure the slack in the hose this will tell you.
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
MJONES602

Post by MJONES602 »

HEY BUD thanks so much
MATT JONES
vabronconut

Post by vabronconut »

MJONES602 wrote:HEY BUD thanks so much
no problem im bored at work what else am i going to do?
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
88budget4X4

Post by 88budget4X4 »

ive got a 3in lift and have yet to tear a brake line... i will say the Ebrake line is rather tight tho. but the kit also came with the extension peice for the things you guys call pitman arms i think and the deals that bolt to the axle. oh and the stock rear driveshafts take an instant crap with a lift... they suck already with stock ride then you take your tired driveshaft and add increased angle to it and in no time it goes crhshshshsh... and then you go buy another one at the junkyard and it craps out instantly too... so then u get smart and buy an aftermarket extended one... :mad2:
onewyr

Post by onewyr »

88budget4X4 wrote: oh and the stock rear driveshafts take an instant crap with a lift... they suck already with stock ride then you take your tired driveshaft and add increased angle to it and in no time it goes crhshshshsh... and then you go buy another one at the junkyard and it craps out instantly too... so then u get smart and buy an aftermarket extended one... :mad2:
this is true if you have the cv style shaft but if you are lucky and either already have or can find a double cardon shft you will not have this problem mine only cost 35$ I haven't tried it yet but I have heard you can change the rea driveshaft flange to the yoke that comes on the front of the explorer tcase and use the front driveshaft out of the explorer as a rear shaft
http://www.wefabricateit.com check this site out and help us build it up