84 BII rides again

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
MrD

84 BII rides again

Post by MrD »

Thanks to VAbronconut. :beer: :D

After many suggestions from friends and having time to get some 5/16 hose:

I followed VAbronconut's advice. I insulated the fuel line with a 5/16 rubber hose. I still have the JCWhitney fuel line insulation coming in the mail, I may not use it.

symptoms: she would tun good for 10 mins or anytime on the HGWY, but when I would slow down to stop, she would stall. I couldn't get her to start again. I would wait several mins, she would fire up and go a little further and then stall again.

This 105 plus Las Vegas heat is a killer.

Fix:
I slit the rubber hose down the middle and put it on the metal fuel line leaving the carb to the fuel pump that is on the block of the engine.

I then put another piece on the fuel line leaving the fuel pump that goes under the firewall and is very close to the exhaust. I will finish insulating all the way back to the tank soon.

Now that she is running, I am unsure if I will us the JcWhitey item or just leave what I currently have.

Laters Kelly
vabronconut

Re: 84 BII rides again

Post by vabronconut »

MrD wrote:Thanks to VAbronconut. :beer: :D

After many suggestions from friends and having time to get some 5/16 hose:

I followed VAbronconut's advice. I insulated the fuel line with a 5/16 rubber hose. I still have the JCWhitney fuel line insulation coming in the mail, I may not use it.

symptoms: she would tun good for 10 mins or anytime on the HGWY, but when I would slow down to stop, she would stall. I couldn't get her to start again. I would wait several mins, she would fire up and go a little further and then stall again.

This 105 plus Las Vegas heat is a killer.

Fix:
I slit the rubber hose down the middle and put it on the metal fuel line leaving the carb to the fuel pump that is on the block of the engine.

I then put another piece on the fuel line leaving the fuel pump that goes under the firewall and is very close to the exhaust. I will finish insulating all the way back to the tank soon.

Now that she is running, I am unsure if I will us the JcWhitey item or just leave what I currently have.

Laters Kelly

thanks for the props, just glad you got your ride running !!
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas
NMB2

Re: 84 BII rides again

Post by NMB2 »

when my 84 started doing that i just bypassed the manual and installed an HVLP electric by my fuel cell.
i wish my lawn was emo...so it'd cut itself.