WINDOW MOTOR

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
WAREAGLE

WINDOW MOTOR

Post by WAREAGLE »

HAVE ANY OF YALL EVER USED THE Power Window Motor Repair Kit AS SEEN ON EBAY I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF IT WORKS OR NOT :confused:
SGT. KYLE
WAREAGLE

Post by WAREAGLE »

any one any one come on tell me no at least :puke:
SGT. KYLE
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

no never tried it or heard anyone that has. Sorry.
onewyr

Post by onewyr »

how bout posting a link to this so called rebuild kit
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

you can buy the motor and or gear from sutozone...
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
yodaman1151

Post by yodaman1151 »

what does it have in it? what is your window motor doing? can you hear it spinning just not moving the window? If so then you need to go to autozone and buy these window motor bushings that really are just chunks of a plastic dowel and take the motor out of the door and replace the bushings. i had to do this on both windows. also you need grease that has graphite in it like brake grease to lube the gears and the tracks if you want... a tip is cuz you will need to grind the rivets off to get to the window moter, i cut down some carriage bolts for easier access in the future as replacements for the rivets.
WAREAGLE

Post by WAREAGLE »

I GUESS ITS :hmmm: THE GEAR CUS ITS MAKING A GRINDING NOISE I NEED TO TAKE THE PANEL OFF AND CHECK HER OUT :wtf:
SGT. KYLE
yodaman1151

Post by yodaman1151 »

yeah.. and if it is the little plastic bushing things they cost $7.99... for freakin little plastic chunks that your window motors can't run without... gay
WAREAGLE

Re: WINDOW MOTOR

Post by WAREAGLE »

YEAH THE GEAR WAS BUSTED IN THREE PLACES AND SOMEONE GO TO IT BEFORE I DID AND PUT 6-1/4" NUTS TO TRY AND KEEP THE GEAR TOGETHER.......MUST OF BEEN A NIGRO CUS IT WAS RIGGED LIKE ONE WOULD DO...............BUT 15 BUCKS LITTLE MAN PUT THAT SHIT IN MY HAND!.................. :redneck: :beer: :wtf:
SGT. KYLE
vabronconut

Re: WINDOW MOTOR

Post by vabronconut »

the factory motor came with a plastic gear which you already found, most auto stores sell what they call a rebuild kit or replacement gear, its the same thing. but one good thing is the gear they give you is steel and works allot better. cheap fix and yes i have done it before on both my old f-150 and a full size bronco, which use the same motor as the bii
87 bronco II 93 5.0 HO, NP435, 44 sas