New Bronco II project. Need some advice

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
stevenf

New Bronco II project. Need some advice

Post by stevenf »

Im getting a new truck in the next few weeks so my 89 Bronco II will no longer be my daily driver. Now I will finally be able to beef it up like Ive always wanted. What im wanting is a reliable trail/mud/small climb rig. I want to build the way Ford SHOULD have made these things. I want to rebuild the front and rear axels, add better suspension,and a 302 swap. I want to add leaf springs and coil springs that have alot more flex then the stock B2, and strong axles to hold 33-35" tires under some rough condition. I want this to be a junk yard build on everything but the trans and engine.
Now, What suspension options are popular for these things? f-150 leaf and coil springs? I want the coil springs to fit right in place, I dont mind welding on new brackets for bigger leafs.
Also, what do I need for the axle builds? I was planning on getting 4.10 gears for front and back, and finding new bearing kits to rebuild them. What axles, from what vehicle would be stronger and still fit in the 8.8 rear and the Dana 35 front?