Heater Fan

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
steiner_5000

Heater Fan

Post by steiner_5000 »

Well its starting to get cold here in Iowa so I started up my bronco and turns the heat on but nothing happend. The heater fan doesnt' atcually kick on untill I have it on the highest setting. Does this mean my blower switch is bad or the blower itself?
partsman66

Post by partsman66 »

sounds like the switch.what year?
steiner_5000

Post by steiner_5000 »

Its an 85
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

sounds like the resistor to me. Open your hood. Look at the air box on the passenger side where the blower motor is. You shoud see a plug that connects to a little do-dad in the box held in by a couple screws. That's the resistor.
Ruffinit

Post by Ruffinit »

Yep, I think Nobody's got it pegged.

Just did the same thing to mine. On the highest setting the fan works because there is no resistance "in-line" with the blower motor. The other positions use a wirewound resistor to slow the motor (higher resistance = slower fan speed). Anyway, pull the plug, pull the resistor pack (2 screws) from the engine side and get another one. They don't go out often, so a pull from your local junk yard will most likely yield you a good one.