running out of ideas and time

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
djadjective

running out of ideas and time

Post by djadjective »

Let me get a little history out of the way first, I went to go and get that ranger with a 4.0 a few months back but the owners friend's rangers 4.0 had just caught fire so as a good friend he had to give it to him. With out a 4.o I decided to just rebuild my 2.9, and since I work at an auto parts wharehouse I figured I wouldnt spend an arm and a leg. On the 2.9 I replaced all gaskets including the rear main, Flywheel, clutch, slave, fan assembly, water pump, oil pump, ditributor cap, speed sensor, oxygen sensor, timing chain and gears, and then I sent the heads to a customer of mine who does racing engines; he put in new valves, guides, and seats after doing some porting on the heads that he said would make this engine a lot better than stock. Anyway, after finally getting the engine in and timed Im running into some idle issues and Ive had this bronco outa commision for 7 weeks now. The TPS was sending back too much voltage causing it to not idle by itself, so after regrounding everything I figured it was the computer cause I put on another TPS and same voltage. Got a cheap used computer, took care of the voltage problem, I put on a new fuel regualtor at the same time casues mine began to leak. Now it will only start and idle fine if i disconnect the AIC, if I plug it back in it instantly dies!!?? I see on my wiring diagram that theres a red wire that runs from the AIC to the injector banks, could this be it or am I missing something simple, I already checked for vacum leaks and I put on a new Standard Ignition AIC but does the same thing. Im hesitant to follow that red wire cause it looks like Ill have to pull the intake off again to get to the injector banks were the wrine leads to on my diagram. Its a 88 5-speed 4X4.