plow for bronco II

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
linemanluke

plow for bronco II

Post by linemanluke »

I was wondering if any one have bought or made a plow for their bronco II
BDEUCE

Post by BDEUCE »

i had a cheapie jobbie from canadian tire - the snowbear. it was decent, to say the least. if you can help it, make sure that you don't get one that lifts it with a chain around a winch. replaced it on warranty three times before i said screw the warranty, i'm sick of being stuck in the laneway with the blade down - hell of a mess!! i replaced it with a 1500 lb atv winch for $79!! i think it is still working to today. i sold it when we moved into the (stupid) condo.

i paid $1299 for the six-foot plow, mount, winch, wiring, and a little cart to put the plow on when you take it off. make sure if you fab one, that it has a spring articulation mechanism - you hit something rigid, and the ploiw tilts forward to ensure less stress on the frame of your truck.

my plow paid for itself in two months doing small driveways and yards and backroads. remember that you get what you pay for, and get the plow suited to your needs.

nate
dirtcowboy

Post by dirtcowboy »

I bought a Meyer TP plow and sand spreader last winter. Thanks to the tons of ice this year it paid for itself, twice. The Meyer plow is easily removable.
linemanluke

Post by linemanluke »

is it able to push that much snow
Limited

Post by Limited »

you have it all wrong, just do this, it will work nice :P
Rectum, damn near killed em
dirtcowboy

Post by dirtcowboy »

linemanluke wrote:is it able to push that much snow
The Meyer plow isn't a straight on plow, it angles from side to side so the snow sluffs to either side. I plowed 20" of snow from one storm this year with no problems. When it got icy I just chained up the front wheels and motored on.
dirtcowboy

Post by dirtcowboy »

Limited wrote:you have it all wrong, just do this, it will work nice :P
What size fenders and tires do you have on that rig, 3 or 6"ers? I have the 3" front and rear for mine, I'm wondering if I should have gotten the 6" fronts.
Limited

Post by Limited »

I have 6" in front. and I am running 35x12.5x15 MT's
Havent got to wheel with them yet, (the fenders) we will see how long they last in the woods tho. But I dont have any in the rear, I am thinking some cut outs some time soon, I want to take the body lift out, but it makes it so easy to work on!
Have any pics of your rig?
dirtcowboy

Post by dirtcowboy »

Limited wrote:I have 6" in front. and I am running 35x12.5x15 MT's
Havent got to wheel with them yet, (the fenders) we will see how long they last in the woods tho. But I dont have any in the rear, I am thinking some cut outs some time soon, I want to take the body lift out, but it makes it so easy to work on!
Have any pics of your rig?
Right now my rig is a bare powdercoated frame on jack stands in the shop. Everything else is brand new in boxes. I've mocked up the front fenders and cut away the rear side panels in the rear. I'm slowly working on installing the brackets the rear fenders dsus fasten to. I got the 3" fronts with the notion of running Q-78's but I decided to go with 36/12.50's radial TSL's instead. They have a larger center section width. I may hold off painting the front fenders until I get this thing back on it's wheels to decide which fenders I should go with.
Limited

Post by Limited »

hahaha sorry for jackin this thread....
so you got the glass rear fenders aswell?
those are bad ass, but I tend to find myself in some tight spots and I figured I would smash them off at some point
dirtcowboy

Post by dirtcowboy »

Limited wrote:hahaha sorry for jackin this thread....
so you got the glass rear fenders aswell?
those are bad ass, but I tend to find myself in some tight spots and I figured I would smash them off at some point
Yeah, I got mine from Perry's Fab and Fiber. My experience with fiberglass is that it will flex where sheetmetal will crumple. That said, however, bashin' is bashin' and nuthin' will stand up to that.