Hey Bob Meyer

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
Phillippi

Hey Bob Meyer

Post by Phillippi »

I have a question for you. I know I bought these coil buckets forever ago, but the only way I can get the bolt holes to line up with the holes in the arms is to go diagonal. Is this normal. SOrry if this is a retarded question. I have run into setbacks all day and my brain is fried.
Attachments
diagonal lined up....
diagonal lined up....
Holes dont line up.
Holes dont line up.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

what year are your radius arms? and what year radius arm bucket did you buy?

the earlier arms have a different spacing for the bolts then the later model arms...
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Radius arms are from an 78-79 bronco. The original coil bucket retainers were from an EB. They lined up fine. I just used 2 holes as you can see from the pic below.
Attachments
dana44 014 (Large).jpg
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

The hole spacing is slightly different between the f150's and eb radius arms. You can waller out the holes on the stock cups cross over.
FatMan

Post by FatMan »

phillippi i think thats the way the are... i think they are the mis aligned seats that allow you to spin around and mount the coils accordingly. i have the same set and they lined up 2 ways diagnal. on side i did have to waller out a bit my arms and stuff are froma fullsize so maybe thats the deal i still love them beefy and i dont have to take the seat off to get the coil out...
Darker than your average wheeler!!!!
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

I was looking at that pic again and noticed that I could move the bucket t the other holes to move the axle back about 3/4"... I might do that to help with firewall issues like Matt said.
Joel H

Post by Joel H »

I heard that Bob was Ill and is getting better.

The angled holes are a great idea. It will allow you to move the lower bucket around to get better positioning, so that the coil is at the proper angle

I had to do this with my lower seats. They were too far forward and I was getting alot of Coil bow. Moving the lower seat back 1" gave the coil a better angle and it also gave me room to mount my forward position shock.