Hey Nobody what gives?

What's new? Come on in and get to know the other Bronco II enthusiasts on the Forum.
plowboy

Hey Nobody what gives?

Post by plowboy »

Soooo are there any BII prospects on the horizon for a winter build?
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Well this is a topic I've been struggling with for some time.

I can say with some certainty that there will be another BII. I'll be keeping all my V8 parts and stuff. Currently I don't have the time or money to deal with two 4 wheel drives. Soooo..... the plan is to get the EB snow worthy for this winter. Even that is proving to be a bit difficult.

In addition to time and money, it's very likely that I will be moving in the next year, so that's one less project I have to worry about moving. Also, pretty much anywhere I move to, I'll need a smog legal Bronco II.

This brings me to my next point, that my next Bronco II isn't going to be such a hack job. It will be fuel injected V8 and have a cage and all proper protection to keep it in one piece ....and maybe some 38's for the snow :D

I enjoyed the hell out of my EB this summer. Running topless is the only way to go. I hope to keep the EB for many years to come, so I don't plan on bouncing it off trees or rolling it in the front yard.

Now if my wife goes back to work, I might be back in business sooner than later.
Phillippi

Post by Phillippi »

Where about you going to be moving? New Job or transfer?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Well right now my commute is 1 to 1.5 hrs each way. Longer when I'm working further south. However, I'm not sure I can find decent affordable housing any closer. :frown: We have serious traffic bottlenecks.

The real problem is they are developing the land around my house into commercial/light industrial....and if that weren't enough, they are making the local schools dual language. Regardless, the schools here suck. I'm taking my tax money and I'm outta here. :mad:
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

Nobody,

I know exactly of what you mean about the traffic. :mad2: I was really surprised a while back when you said you would be working further south. I know a couple of Boeing employees that commute to Everett from Fed Way every day and I don't know how they do it. :wtf:

If you can help it don't move into King County! I am being taxed to death down here and the traffic is horrible. :puke:

My wife works for the State in Community Services. Currently my wife works in Federal Way. The commute is nothing but this whole south end is getting so congested we are thinking of moving south between Vancouver WA and Olympia. She can transfer to just about any office in the State and lately we been looking at some pretty good deals in Yelm, Rochester and some of the towns south of there. Cost of living is OK and traffic is much better. I think the counties south of Olympia are not as greedy and corrupt as say North of Oly.

As I am Retired and my Daughter is grown and married :D Schools are something I haven't looked at. That may be something to look at.

If ya find an area of good deals and picked out your place let me know if anything is left!!
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

I definately don't blame you for that. at least you got the EB. Much better than having nothing! I tip my hat to you guys that live in big metro areas where it takes you that long to get to work. Personally I don't know how you stand it. I go nuts in slow traffic especially if I have to be somewhere. That sux about the area around your house. You did such a nice job keeping the blackberries under control LOL.

I just moved to Memphis 8 weeks ago. I'll be moving again next month. My job tanked on me. My house is still for sale in Indianapolis and the future of retaining it is rather grim. I can't even afford a house down here. Prices are rediculous so I'm stuck in a jail called an apartment. All my tools are scattered between a storage unit and a buddies house. Heck I haven't even had the money to tag my 79. It just sits outsid the window begging for some attention. I would LOVE to get the top off of it and cruz around. Oh well all good things in time.

Luckily I have a good job secured in Missouri. I get to move to a touist town, Branson. Going to be managing a large video production truck and working in a big recording studio with a friend of mine. When I get there I am going to look for a 90's BII for a daily driver. Gas is getting "reasonable" there. I think it's down to 1.94.
Can't think of anything witty, intelligent, or cool to say...guess I'm just stupid.
DBrown

Post by DBrown »

I saw $2.09 today...man I don't know how you stood Memphis this long I went there a few times and it didn't look like the safest place...
71 Bronco - twin sticked, full width, 2" lift, wristed arm, lots of rust...

http://www.catalystcycles.com
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Someone posted on fullsizebronco.com that gas in Missouri was down to 1.86. :eek:

Memphis is not the safest place. 4th highest crime rate city in the nation. #5 on the Governments terrorist watch list due to FexEx world head quarters. It also has the fastest growing Muslim population in the nation. I live on the "safe side" of Memphis and crime is still very high. Not to mention that the air here is pathetic. My wife, two of my kids and my self have had major allergy/sinus problems since we got here. I knew that this would not be a long term job from the beginning but did not imagine it being this short. It only took 1 week for them to break most of their promises they made. I spent too long in a place like that the last job. Definately not the most desirable place to live. I just thank God I am getting to move to Branson. I will get to work with what I love and live in one of my most favorite places in the world.

By the way Nobody, I will be minutes from all my favorite trout fishing holes. I will make sure I post some pics. It won't be the mountains you are used to but the Ozark mountains aren't bad. Here is a pict of the recording studio and my friends house. we are trying to move into the same neighborhood.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Buddies house/neighborhood and studio
Attachments
HPIM0653.jpg
HPIM0636.jpg
EBSTEVE

Post by EBSTEVE »

Nobody wrote: I'll be keeping all my V8 parts and stuff.
Where? LOL
Ranger 5.o, needing another project like Rosie O'Donnell needs another M&M.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

tekatlarge wrote:Nobody,

If you can help it don't move into King County! I am being taxed to death down here and the traffic is horrible. :puke:

I think the counties south of Olympia are not as greedy and corrupt as say North of Oly.
I've actually been considering the Olympia area. But that would still be a few years out. I like how there is still some country left on the outskirts. Be nice if I could by a chunk of land, then build a shack and a shop in a few years.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

plowboy wrote:
Luckily I have a good job secured in Missouri. I get to move to a touist town, Branson. Going to be managing a large video production truck and working in a big recording studio with a friend of mine. When I get there I am going to look for a 90's BII for a daily driver. Gas is getting "reasonable" there. I think it's down to 1.94.
Dang, sorry about your job not working out. Good luck in Misery. Looks like housing is still reasonable there.
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

It's really a better job anyway. It pays about 20K more a year too. Can't complain there. My friend that built the studio was talking to the owner yesterday. The owner made the comment that he want's us all to be able to retire off of this venture. It's really going to be a lot of fun. Looks like my start date is going to be Nov. 1st. WOW am I excited. The job in Memphis wasn't what I ultimately wanted, but I was working 90 -110 hours a week in Indiana. Worked 3 jobs. It got to where I didn't know who I was, so I had to get out. All things have definately worked out for the good.

Housing is still reasonable there if you know where to look. Because of it being a tourist town some things are very expensive and certain areas are untouchable. Like anything else you just have to know where to go and how to get around.
Bob Myers

Post by Bob Myers »

MMmmm, Ky is looking better all the time aint it DBrown? If either of you guys are amachinest,, there is a lathe and mill here with your name on it!
88 BII,4.0, 9"& D44/4.88 locked. 1350/1354 doubles
92 XJ-wifes toy
plowboy

Post by plowboy »

Bob Myers wrote:MMmmm, Ky is looking better all the time aint it DBrown? If either of you guys are amachinest,, there is a lathe and mill here with your name on it!
Always wanted to know how to do maching work. Went into television instead. Not much money there LOL. Well hasn't been but will be in a few weeks :D It's definately a job that will take care of the family.