oil and temp gaudge problem

Ask technical questions about your Ford Bronco II here. Technical write-ups on your axle swaps, engine swaps, chop tops, etc. are encouraged.
twobit66

oil and temp gaudge problem

Post by twobit66 »

i have a 4.0L swaped into mine dash and all. everything running fine for quite a while. now my temp starts climbing it usally runs at about the O in normal but now it's been climbing up to the A then it will slowly go down and then back up. and i notice that the oil pressuse climbs to the top of normal as well. fluxuating up and down with the temp gaudge.

there is no indication from the engine that anything is amiss and i have a greatly oversized radiator. at first i thought it was the thermostat but now becuse of the oil pressure gadge i think it could be the wiring.

anyone have a prob like this?
mccutcheon4

Post by mccutcheon4 »

Look at the post titled DASH PROBLEMS on Sept 14th.
It may be your problem also.
tekatlarge

Post by tekatlarge »

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:
This is the most common of B2 dash problems. It most often has symtoms like outlined above. If your gauges are erratic, and that means all of the electrical gauges not just one, then the Regulator is the most likly cause.

I do want to qualify that if all gauges are dead then it may be a more complicated than the regulator.
The Tek @ Large
Coastal,Worshington
Livin life on the dole on the Coast
twobit66

Post by twobit66 »

going to replace it just becuse it's cheep. but it's just the oil and temp. the fuel gaudge has always been screwy and the amp gaudge is it's own thing.

BTW this is a dash out of a 91 exploder same as the gen2 BII's