broncoo's B2 rollin again

This is the place to Blog your buildup. If your Bronco II isn't in here, it should be!
Please, one topic per vehicle.
broncoo

broncoo's B2 rollin again

Post by broncoo »

yup here it is ads it sit now gettin real close to wheelin it again :D

here are some specs

94 stang 5.0L painless wiring kit, crane powermax 2030 cam, crane alum roller rockers, comp cams valves springs and guides melling high volume oil pump, moroso 3/8" phenolic intake spacer, energy suspension poly mustang motor mounts

rebuilt C6 automatic with BB tailshaft, rv shift kit and a deep pan

np203/205 dual cases with stainless shift linkage :finger:

axles are a corp 14ff 4.10's welded and cut down and a eb d44 4.10's welded. not doin much to em cuz i intend on goin fullwidth d60 14 bolt

still have a bit to do but i'll get there
Attachments
my t-cases
my t-cases
my engine
my engine
as of last night
as of last night
Last edited by broncoo on Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

I didn't realize you tore it apart. How long have you been down? The dual cases should be nice.

BTW- you can come clean my garage!
marinebroncoii

Post by marinebroncoii »

:eek: That thing looks awesome, I don't think my rear driveshaft would be too happy with the angle I'd have if I used dual T-cases, but I wish I could. Sounds like you built that 5.0 to tear some stuff up. You should be able to sell those narrowed axles to someone for enought to do your new ones.
8-9" susp, 3" body lift, 39.5x16 TRXUS STS, 342 stroker, C6, NP205, D44HD mini spool-coil sprung, D60 limited slip, 4.88s
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

yup i tore it down about a year ago when the c6 started slippin in first and the engine was knockin

do ALL my own work too

yeah i keep the garage pretty clean i hate workin in a messy enviroment

gonna be buildin a shop come fall tho
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

just dumped the new engine in got it back to within 1/2" of the firewall

my rear shaft is gonna be tiny with the c6 and dual cases
marinebroncoii

Post by marinebroncoii »

The only thing I can think of to help lengthen it would be to use a output shapt and adapter from a NP208 between the tranny and t-case which is about 4 inches shorter than the one you have but all that linkage would have to be redone. The mod needed to make the adapter work on a 205 is a small notch. The only other thing is to get the radiator, electric fans and engine as far forward as possible. Good luck though, can't wait to see it together and in action.
8-9" susp, 3" body lift, 39.5x16 TRXUS STS, 342 stroker, C6, NP205, D44HD mini spool-coil sprung, D60 limited slip, 4.88s
Rockcrawler

Post by Rockcrawler »

my doubler is way longer then that and my drive line is tinny but i also fliped the rear springs around so it pushed the rear axle back 5 inches. Make sure to put a limiting strap in the center of your axle to keep it droping to much and blowing apart your rear yoke! it wont limit any of your flex to.
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

good idea on the limiting strap there rockcrawler

yeah i'm usin a taurus electric fan gonna make a aluminum shround and offset it to one side to clear the waterpump i also cut out a good amount of the core support to fit my new alum. radiator
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

some more progress :D

in the middle of buildin a tranny crossmember thats why the engine hoist is there
Attachments
P6060012.JPG
P6060011.JPG
P6060008.JPG
marinebroncoii

Post by marinebroncoii »

I think I had alot less work jut putting the daul fans in front of my radiator without modifying the core support at all. Here is the best picture I have showing the fans in front of the radiator. I can't even remember what brand or size they are but they were on clearance at the summit retail store and 2 of them fit literally perfect in the hole in the radiator support and then my aluminum radiator clears the water pump by about 1.5". Not saying this to knock how you did it or try to convince you to do it my way, just putting the info out for others.
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

i'm putting a tranny cooler in between the rad and grill and i'm usin a taurus fan witch are pullers
did you use a conversion radiator?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

On the taurus fan, I found a similar fan that has a lower profile shroud than the taurus fan. The motors appear to be interchangable. I still have to swap out the motors, but the shroud got me the extra room I needed to clear the water pump. Actually, the fan works fine....even blew a 30amp fuse :rolleyes: Which BTW- I recommend using a circuit breaker instead.

In the picture you can see how the shroud is thick on top, and tapers down to the bottom.
Attachments
P6080012 (Small).JPG
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

i cut almost all the shroud off the fan and am gonna make a new one out of aluminum

i'm gonna run an 80amp relay (thats what they pull on start up) and a 30 amp circuit breaker acording to arcives on pirate they pull 33amps continuos and i don't feel like blowin stuff or catchin on fire also going to wire in a on/off temp sensor for the fan
marinebroncoii

Post by marinebroncoii »

mine is an aluminum radiator that I got from Summit, it is one of their summit brand universal ones. I just measured what I could fit and got the closest thing. I have a tranny and an oil cooler in front of my radiator, the fans are pretty low profile. When i get home I have the boxes and reciept for the fan and the radiator and will take more pics of how they are both mounted and how they fit. Mine have a thermastat and also have an overide switch that I put on the dash to be able to turn it on manually if the temp climbs and they don't turn on by themselves.
broncoo

Post by broncoo »

here are a few more i had to "trim" my core support a bit to make this rad fit

and i got my t-cases up as high as i could only hang down about 1"
Attachments
P6100020.JPG
P6100018.JPG
P6100017.JPG
P6100016.JPG
P6100015.JPG